How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Azerbaijan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most motorcycles shipped to Azerbaijan from the U.S. cost between $1660 and $2,450.
- Due to the mountainous terrain, 20% import duty and VAT, shipping costs are higher
Situated in the South Caucasus region, the republic of Azerbaijan is at the cusp of Southeastern Europe and Asia. With a long coastline on the Caspian Sea, it shares borders with Armenia, Iran, Georgia, Russia and some parts of Turkey. You may be moving here temporarily or permanently and importing your motorcycle is an affordable transportation solution.
Cost of Shipping
If you are looking to check the cost of the shipping to Azerbaijan, it is important to be aware of the fact that the motorcycle/vehicle invoice charge of 0.18% to 0.30% by customs. Owner of the motorcycle will be charged a deposit which will be refunded after customs has inspected it. When you work with us, our shipping agents ensure that the complete process is made simple. With over two decades of experience in shipping vehicles all over the world, we understand the requirements of Azerbaijan Customs and ensure that everything is completed as needed, so that there is no delay.
You may here to travel or stay for a short period, and that is why it is important to get a temporary license to import your motorcycle. You are required to register their motorcycle with the State Traffic Police Department within a ten day period of arriving and clearing customs. Once registered, you will receive a license plate and registration card to drive legally in Azerbaijan. It is essential to know that temporary imports of less than two years are exempt from any import duty or tax.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
As per the U.S. Customs requirements, you need to submit a Letter of Intent to export your motorcycle to Azerbaijan along with the certifying documents to make the process legal. The same set of documents is needed by the Azerbaijan Customs Authority. You will need to provide a copy of each of these documents to customs in order to clear your request for import. These documents are:
- Customs declaration
- Bill of Lading
- Permission from the consulate to enter the country
- Sales invoice of your motorcycle
- Bill of sale with VIN number mentioned
- Shipping contract with contact numbers
- Customs declaration of the vehicle
Shipping a motorcycle from the United States to Azerbaijan is not that complicated. You can ship it by two shipping methods: Roll On/ Roll Off and container. We can assist you with the packing and for transportation of your motorcycle from your domicile city in U.S. to the port for shipping to Azerbaijan. However, if you select door-to-door services or door-to-terminal services, it is an added convenience but is charged extra. You might want to talk it with us for more information.
The common methods of shipping a motorcycle include container shipping and Roll-on/Roll-Off. If you are on a budget, Roll-On/ Roll Off it is the most inexpensive way to ship. The motorcycle is driven on the deck, tires fitted into the metal plates to immobilize it and body strapped to minimize movement during transit. There are a few rules that must be followed when choosing this method of shipping:
- Motorcycle must be cleaned thoroughly
- Must have one-fourth tank of gas
- Leave the keys in the switch
- Remove all objects that could fall off during transport such as helmet, gloves
The other method of sea-bound freight shipping is Container shipping. It provides a lot of protection for your motorcycle as you have the option of crating the bike before it is put within shipping containers along with your household goods (if you are hiring the whole container) or along with other motorcycles (if sharing the container space).
For more information about the latest regulations and import laws of shipping to Azerbaijan, contact us or the Embassy of Azerbaijan.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?