How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Armenia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping costs of a motorcycle from USA to Armenia is about $1,600 and $2,450.
- Get a custom quote on your motorcycle shipment to Armenia as there has been changes to the VAT and import duties
Armenia is situated in the Eurasia, specifically in the South Caucasus region. It shares its borders with Georgia, Turkey, Iran and Azerbaijan among other de facto independent regions. If you are moving here, you might consider shipping over your motorcycle for ease of traveling in the varied terrains in Armenia. The most common method of shipping includes sea-bound freight shipping and there are two ports here- Poti Port and Batumi Port. We are A-1 Auto Transport and can assist you through the complete process, right from picking your motorcycle from your doorstep to delivering it at the destination city in Armenia.
Cost of Shipping
As for any import, there are many custom duties and taxes that have to be cleared. The Armenia Customs Authority has specifically formulated regulations for motorcycles and vehicle imports. The custom-duty rates for shipping imported motorcycles ranges from 5% to 10%. Customs inspection and recording fee is $3 USD per cargo, weighing less than one tone and $1 USD for every additional ton. For vehicles and motorcycles, there is 20% VAT but there are duty-free imports for motorcycles on temporary permits. However, to get the tax exemption, you need Letter of Import (temporary) that grants you 12 month permission, but you cannot sell your motorcycle during this period.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Submit Documents to Customs Authority
It is important that you have the right documentation for your import when you are ready. If you are missing even one piece of documentation, it could delay your import. Keep your documents in a safe location that you can get to quickly when the U.S Customs or the Armenian government asked to provide them. You will need to copies of the following:
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of your visa
- Detailed inventory
- Letter from an employer, if you plan to be there on a long term basis
- Original Bill of Lading
- Pro-forma invoice
- Transportation cost info
- Motorcycle title/ Purchase invoice
It is important to remember that helmets are important while driving in Armenia and the traffic tends to be on the left side. To know more about the current laws and regulations, contact the Armenia Embassy in USA today or give us a call.
There are two different shipping methods available for shipping a motorcycle to Armenia. Your choices include:
- Roll On/ Roll Off Shipping method - Your motorcycle will be placed inside of a bay on a freighter. It will need to have one-fourth tank of gas and the keys should be left in it as well.
- Container shipping method - this method will give you the option to not only place your motorcycle inside of a container for protection but also allow you to pack other necessary items that you want to bring with you. However, there are shared containers that allow crated motorcycles to be shipped together. This turns out to be a cheaper option.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.