How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Angola
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping your motorcycle to Angola from U.S would cost around $900-$1200
- Container shipping is the most cost effective option while other options might cost over $2400
- Import duties and other taxes are applicable
Located in South Africa, the Republic of Angola is the 7th largest country on the African subcontinent. It shares its borders with Congo, Namibia, Zambia and the coastline with the Atlantic Ocean. The climate in Angola is dry and warm during the months between May and October and rainy during the months of November and April.
If you intend staying here for a short while or for an extended period, it is important to import your motorcycle so that you can traverse the different terrains with considerable ease. Though Angola and USA have strong trading ties and good diplomatic relations, it isn’t difficult to import your motorcycle. We ensure that all the delays and other hassles associated with international shipping are minimized and you receive the vehicle as scheduled.
On an average the total cost would include shipping cost, insurance, and freight (CIF), you need to factor in the import duties and taxes as applicable by the Angola Ministry of Finance – Customs Agency. We would be glad to compute the accurate quote based on the weight and size of the motorcycle, shipping distance and the applicable taxes. Consider the current requirements that include:
- Import duty - 2% to 50% with the average close to 11%
- Brokerage Fee - 2% up to 4%
- Port fees - $0 to $750+/per 40 foot container
- Stamp duty - 1%
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documentation for Shipment
To ensure that the import is legally valid, the documents pertaining to the ownership of the motorcycle are checked. Thus, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Entry visa copy
- Owner’s driving license/passport
- Original documents of the vehicle
- Cartao de Contribuinte
- Motorcycle valuation declaration signed by shipper
- Motorcycle VIN
- Copy of the purchase invoice
- Photos of the motorcycle
You have the option of importing the motorcycle on a temporary permit or permanently. If you plan to move to Angola on a permanent basis, the permits you will need are a little different. You will need fill out the right visa application form, provide all the necessary documentation. As the owner, you have to submit all relevant IDs and provide photos of the motorcycle.
Motorcycle Shipping Methods
The method of shipping from USA to Angola that you choose will directly affect cost of transportation. Thus, consider the budget and the motorcycle that you intend shipping. There are two methods of shipping accepted in Angola.
- Roll On/ Roll Off - motorcycles are secured when transported by way of Roll On/ Roll off method. Once secured in metal brackets, the tires are unable to move. For this method of shipping, a motorcycle must be able to start on its own because the motorcycle will need to be driven up onto the deck of the ship by way of ramps. This is the most commonly chosen method of shipping for motorcycles.
- Container Shipping - This method of shipping is also an option. Your motorcycle will be shipped with others in a 20ft or 40 feet shipping container. However, it is best to crate the motorcycle before it is shipped. This is a safe way to ship your motorcycle and keep it protected from theft and vandalism to the weather. If you choose this method of shipping, your motorcycle will be loaded inside the container and then the container is sealed shut before it is loaded by forklift onto the cargo ship.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.