Ship Your Car To Or From Ventspils, Latvia
Ventspils is located in the northwestern part of Latvia. It has a historical past to it and is considered the sixth largest city in Latvia. It is also located on the Venta River as well as the Baltic Sea.
For further information on shipping vehicles to Latvia continue here.
If you want to bring your vehicle to Latvia, you can expect to pay between $2900 and $6000 total. The higher cost will be determined by your vehicle and shipment option. Shipping a vehicle can be stressful if you try to do it all by yourself. You can make this process so much easier on yourself when you trust a reputable company like A-1 Auto Transport Service to assist you every step of the way. Latvia has a lot to offer the tourist so being there is going to be a location you can’t forget.
You will need to familiarize yourself with the port of exit options in the United States. Your shipping agent can help you to determine everything you need to know. There are twelve ports available to ship to when shipping to Latvia.
Latvia Motor Vehicle Regulations
Every country has different regulations, and there are some vehicle regulations implemented by Latvian Customs Authority that need to be adhered to when you ship to Ventspils. Some of the rules that must be followed when transporting a vehicle, these regulations include:
- Your vehicle can only qualify for a temporary status of up to one year
- Any vehicle that is over seven years old will be charged a VAT of 10%
- Any vehicle that is less than seven years old, you will be charged a 10% tax.
- Customs charges the standard tax rate which is based on the vehicle.
Documents You Will Need:
To ensure that your vehicle is delivered on time and verified as a legal import, it is essential to obtain and submit these documents:
- Import license
- Original bill of sale
- International driver license
- letter of employer
- Proof of insurance
Cost of Shipping Your Vehicle
The cost of importing your vehicle will depend on several factors. A-1 Auto Transport Service will offer you additional options such as Door-To-Door Or Door-To-Port which takes, even more, stress off of you. A1 Auto Transport will go over all your important details of your transport.
Types of Shipping Available
There are two types of shipment options that you can choose from. They are:
- Roll On/Roll Off shipping: this method of shipping includes having your vehicle driven onto the deck of the ship where it is strapped down for transport. Once it reaches the new port, it will then be driven off of the ship and turned over to customs. With this method of shipping, a vehicle will need to be prepared in advance of shipment. This is the most affordable way to ship.
- Container shipping: There are two size containers to choose from; 20 foot and 40 foot. These containers are available for you to pack your vehicle in and then fill the rest of the way up with your personal and household items. If you plan to move to Latvia, this will be the best option because it allows you to move your vehicle and your items together. You can also reduce the cost by sharing the container with someone else.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.