The sixth largest Finnish city, Turku is located on the south western coast at the beginning of the river Aura. It is a major transport hub and a commercial seaport and if you are living here for a few months or planning to move from the USA, you know the need for having your own vehicle. As it is a major port in Finland, transportation is comparatively easy.
However, it is important that you have a reliable and trusted international shipper in your corner to guide you about shipping your vehicle to Finland. This ensures that they have prior experience in shipping vehicles to Finland and understand all aspects of the laws and Custom regulations there.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Common methods of vehicle transportation.
You will need to discuss the ways of shipping with one of the shipping agents at A1 Auto Transport, so that we can help you pick the best method. The two ways include Container shipping and RORO or Roll-on/Roll-Off.
- RORO: This method utilizes the ramp on the ships to drive up the car on the ship’s deck, secure it in place and then drive it off when it reaches Turku. However, there are some limitations associated with it such as shipping a completely empty vehicle, only leaving car jack, floor mats, spare tire and extra set of keys within the vehicle.
- Enclosed container shipment: If you use this method, your vehicle will get an extra layer of protection as the vehicle is harnessed and secured within large 20 feet or 40 feet container. The cost is higher due to exclusive containers and higher protection.
You have the option of deciding whether you will be there to take the vehicle delivery and complete the Finnish Customs requirements or proving a signed Power of Attorney and get ‘door to port’ services that we offer.
Requirements before shipping.
There are plenty of documents that are needed when you ship a vehicle internationally. We’ll need your assistance in ensuring that the paperwork is completed and require these documents:
- Lien-free title deed.
- Bill of Lading.
- Owner’s passport, driving license.
- Social Security card.
- Spare keys to the vehicle.
- S insurance policy and temporary Finnish insurance.
- EU-emission compliance.
Tax exemptions on vehicle imports.
There are tax exemptions available and if you are eligible for any of them, we’ll ensure that you get the discount. Although diplomats and VIPs are usually the ones that can import vehicles without any taxes, as per Finnish laws, you are allowed to import your personal vehicle that you have previously owned for a minimum of 6 months in USA. Plus, it has to be within a specific price range or you are required to pay the excise taxes and import duties. EU compliance is necessary so you might need to get your vehicle modified in USA before shipping it out.
There are other nuances about shipping to Finland that you need to know about and that is why you can contact the Embassy of Finland or talk with A1 Auto Transport Company today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory