Ship Your Car To Or From Seltjarnarnes, Iceland
The beautiful town of Seltjarnarnes is the capital of Iceland. Formed in 1947, after the Second World War, it reformed the political aspect of what it follows today. Seltjarnarnes is known to be the smallest town in Iceland.
There are many opportunities to work or go to school in Seltjarnarnes. If you are a former resident wanting to return, now is a great time to do so. If you choose to come to Iceland, you may want to bring your own personal vehicle with you when you do in order to avoid the public transportation system that may not work for you on your schedule.
Learn more about shipping to Iceland.
It is important that you hire an expert international shipping company such as A1 Auto Transport Service. We will oversee your transport from the time that it leaves your hands until the time it is delivered to you in Seltjarnarnes. A1 Auto Transport has over twenty years in this particular business so transporting a vehicle anywhere in the world is something we are good at and comfortable at as well.
Auto Import Regulations
In order to bring your vehicle over to Iceland from the United States, you will need to follow the rules and regulations accordingly. This includes:
- You must have been the owner of the vehicle for at least six months before your transport date
- You must plan to be in Iceland for at least one year prior to shipping your vehicle over
- You cannot sell your vehicle or rent your vehicle out while it is in Iceland
- Your vehicle can only be used for personal use only
- You must pay all VAT and any other excise taxes and duties to complete your transport. The VAT is normally 25% on all imported vehicles.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Submit Verified Documents
If you are a resident of Iceland and want to leave to go abroad, you will want to make sure that your vehicle is ready for the transport, have your visa and passport updated, and have all the necessary paperwork available. The U.S Customs and Iceland Directorate of Customs will need to verify and validate the import by checking the documents.
- International car insurance proof
- Driver’s license
- Registration card
- Vehicle title
- Power of Attorney signed in case you cannot make it to pick up your vehicle once it clears customs
- Bill of sale
- Your passport
- Work/Resident permit
- Inventory sheet
- Freight invoice
These documents must be copied for everyone to have in their possession throughout this process. You will need a copy for the port in the United States that you will be exporting from and the port you are going into. A1 Auto Transport Service will also need a copy as well as keep a copy for your own records.
Your vehicle must be registered in the United States if you are coming from Iceland or in Iceland if you are moving from the United States. You will have to take care of obtaining the proper licensing within the first thirty days of being in the new country.
Before the Car Leaves the Port for Departure
A1 Auto Transport Service will be able to assist you in ensuring that your vehicle meets all the rules and regulations regarding importing. They will also be able to give you a quote on how much you can expect to pay for shipping your vehicle. Fees include the method of shipping you choose, any freight fees, and any transport fees associated with your transport.
Air shipping, Roll On/Roll Off shipping, or container shipping are your choices to get your vehicle from the port of exit to the port of entry. If you are moving to Iceland, you may want to choose the container shipping method so you can ship everything including your household items with your vehicle. If you want a cheap way to get your vehicle from one port to another, Roll On/ Roll Off will be your best choice. If you want a super fast way to transport your vehicle from one port to another, air shipping is the answer.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?