Being the administrative seat of its region, Presov is located in the eastern parts of Slovakia. It’s also the third biggest city and it has an abundance of tourist attractions. A few examples include churches, castles, pools and many more.
Slovakia is a land-locked country which used to be a part of Czechoslovakia. However, after the separation of the latter, Slovakia became independent. If you plan to relocate there and you wish to have your car transported with you, there are quite a few things that you’d need to consider. Each step of the way has to be dealt with accordingly – all the way from filling documents to paying the required duties and fees. The ports which you can ship your car to are Polish port of Gdynia and Constanta in Romania.
There are some specific requirements of Ministry of Finance in Slovakia that need to be met.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You’d have to get your car registered and there are a few details to be edged out. The requirements are as follows:
- Include the manual of the car.
- You have to have side mirrors.
- You need a lock on your gasoline tank.
- Left-sided steering wheel.
- List of the technical details should also be included.
In order to get your vehicle shipped, you’d first have to get some documents and present them to the authorities. These include:
- Title deed which should be free of liens. If this is not the case then you’d need a special permission from the lien holder.
- Bill of Sale, which should state your name as an owner.
- Insurance policy.
- Valid Driver’s License – this is required so that you could identify yourself as a rightful driver and an owner of the vehicle.
You might want to contact the shipping agency in order to determine which the fastest shipping method is. A variety of factors would be important for this matter such as the size of your car, the shipping method of choice as well as all other technical specifications. If you decide to go with a container, you can split the cost by sharing it with another person.
- Ro/Ro shipping would suggest that your car is manually driven on a specifically designated platform on the shipping carrier. It’s then fastened securely in order not to move even the slightest. Your car would be exposed to the elements and you’d need to clear it entirely.
- Container shipping involves the placement of your vehicle within a sealed container. You can choose to transport other personal belongings with this method and you can choose between a 20ft and a 40ft size of the container, based on your needs.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.