Ship Your Car To Or From Palmerston North, New Zealand
The city of Palmerston located in the Manawatu-Wanganui region of the northern part of New Zealand. Palmerston is found in the eastern Manawatu Plains and near the Manawatu River. Palmerston is north of Wellington, New Zealand’s Capital and is known as the seventh largest city in the area.
Learn more about shipping to New Zealand.
If you want to visit Palmerston for recreation, for school, or because of work, you will want to obtain a residency permit. This would allow you to import your vehicle and drive wherever you want to go whenever you want. Importing your vehicle into Palmerston is not a difficult process you need to know the facts about transporting and what can be expected as well as how much it will cost to do so. You may contact A1 Auto Transport service to know more about the process and cost. We have been shipping vehicles to New Zealand and other countries globally for over 20 years.
Get the Requisite Permit
To start with, your vehicle will need to have a certification from the New Zealand Transport Agency in order to transport a vehicle to New Zealand. This is a legal requirement and cannot be avoided. This certification will ensure that your vehicle meets at least the minimum vehicle standards which include the age of the vehicle and the type of vehicle it is. Before a certification can be issued, you will need a physical inspection of the vehicle performed by a professional who will be able to issue this certificate to you. Some of the things that will be checked during the inspection include:
- A working and accurate odometer
- Minimum front impact standard regulations
You will need to provide any proof that is asked of you in order to complete your certification. You can find out more about registering a vehicle in New Zealand by contacting the New Zealand Transport Agency. You will find that New Zealand does not impose a tariff duty on vehicles used for personal use. If you are registering a motor home, you will certainly be charged a 10% customs duty. If a vehicle cost more than $1,000, there is an import entry fee of $29.26 as well as a bio security system entry fee of $17.63.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Taxes and Duties
New Zealand also does not charge any goods and service tax based on the value of your vehicle. Instead, this fee is determined by the CIF, or the Cost + Insurance + Freight. It will then deduct whatever is needed for depreciation. There is currently a flat rate of 15% in effect. The GST can be forgiven if you plan to move to New Zealand instead of just visiting however you will need to show proof of residence prior to shipment of your vehicle. You will need:
- Your current New Zealand residence permit/visa
- Your current returning residence permit/visa
- New Zealand passport
- Australian passport
- Current New Zealand Work visa or permit that has been issued for at least twelve months to three years
Once your vehicle is off the ship and enters into Auckland, it will be inspected by the Ministry for Primary Industries, (MPI). They will inspect the vehicle and then clean it before transferring it over to customs for clearance. It is there that you will be required to provide the following documentation:
- Your current passport
- Commercial invoice which lists the price you paid for the vehicle and when you purchased it
- Title to the vehicle
- Bill of Lading
- Current Registration
- Freight cost
- Insurance proof
- Odometer reading
You will not be charged a tariff so importing your vehicle will certainly cost less than shipping to other countries. You will need to work with A1 Auto Transport Service to successfully transport your vehicle and handle all the issues that could arrive or normally arises with importing a vehicle.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?