Nelson is a town which is located on the eastern shores of the sunny Tasman Bay and it is by far the cultural as a well economic center of the region. It has been established back in 1841 and it is the second oldest city in the entire country as well as the oldest one in the South Island.
Nelson is bordered with the Tasman District Council to the west and Marlborough District to the east as well as to the southeast.
If you want to transport your vehicle to the country of New Zealand from the USA, you would have to adhere to and abide by quite a lot of regulations and procedures as per New Zealand Customs Authority but working with the right international shipping agent is going to make it rather seamless. Working with A1 Auto Transport service resolves your issues with ease. We have been in the business of shipping vehicles globally and have worked with New Zealand Customs on a regular basis so understand all aspects of logistics.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Import your vehicle to Nelson from USA.
In case you are preparing a move to Nelson, New Zealand on a temporary basis or, for that matter, as a returning citizen or you simply want to reside within the country with a residency permit, having your personal vehicle is most certainly going to be beneficial. It is important that the car is allocated the NZTA-approved certificate which ensures that all of the standards of the country are abided by. The inspection is based on a few things which include:
- Matching the minimal standardization for frontal impact.
- The odometer should be working accurately.
You or the shipping service is responsible for getting this certification prior to the registration. For more detailed information you might want to check with the New Zealand Transport Agency. It doesn’t have an applicable tariff on the imported cars for personal use and that’s why it is pretty cheap to import a vehicle.
Of course, the rule does not cover motor-homes and they would have to pay a customs duty amounting to 10%. You would also have to pay $30 transaction fee and $17 entrance fee and that’s it. There is, however, a GST – Goods and Service Tax which is applied based on the value of the vehicle as well as insurance and freight charges. The GST is currently at 15% if you are going to move to Nelson on a permanent basis. However, you would also have to provide a lot of documents such as:
- Returning visa or permit.
- Valid residence, visa or permit.
- Australian or NZ passport.
- Valid working permit.
- Current visa or permit.
Once the vehicle is in the country, the Ministry of Primary Industries is going to inspect it and once it gets the clearance you would have to get Customs clearance. There are two particular methods of shipping that you can choose – RORO and container shipping. These are both quick and cheap in comparison. However, there are also additional documents that you have to prepare:
- Ocean Bill of Lading.
- Odometer reading.
- Commercial invoice.
- Insurance Invoice.
You can also check the official page of the New Zealand Embassy for further information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?