Ship Your Car To Or From Nagpur, India
Nagpur is the winter capital as well as the third largest city of the state of Maharashtra in India. The city is located in Deccan plateau of the Indian Peninsula and is at an altitude of an approximately 310.5 meters above the sea level.
Learn more about shipping to India.
When you are prepared to ship the car, you need to hire a professional auto transport company. The transport agent is going to request certain preliminary information such as your insurance certificate, SSN, car title, driver’s licenses and others of the kind. You can get additional information from U.S. Customs and Border Agency before you ship your vehicle. There are specific documents required at the port of Mumbai that need to be accounted for. There are also certain specifications such as:
- Used vehicles can be important only through the custom port at Mumbai
- All of the vehicles need to be right-hand driving
- You need to pay duty fees which are almost always more than 100% of the value of the car
- Diplomats are able to import a car free of duty provided they have the Exemption certificate from the Ministry of External Affairs in India
- New cars can be imported from the country they were manufactured in
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Cost and Documents
If you need to get an estimate on the cost of shipping to Nagpur from USA, you can estimate the cost to you between $2,200 and $5,600 to get a car shipped. There is also a lot of documentation that you need to provide when you import your vehicle, including:
- Bill of sale
- Import license
- Title and registration
- Lading bill
- Exemption certificate if you have one
- Insurance policy
Prior to Shipping Your Vehicle to Nagpur
You need to make sure that you’ve filled out and provided all of the requested information that you are required. You should also get the in-depth details on International shipping. Based on the shipping method, you will also have to clear the inside of the vehicle and to remove all of its movable accessories which could be attached on the exterior.
Speaking of shipping methods, you have three options in front of you. The first one is Ro-Ro shipping and it is the quickest as well as the cheapest water-bound transportation method. You will have to clear out your vehicle inside and out and ensure that there are absolutely no personal belongings within it.
Container shipping is also a possibility if you want to take advantage of the additional layer of protection. Of course, it’s going to cost you more than Ro-Ro shipping and it’s also slower due to the additional check points. Furthermore, if you want quick transportation and are willing to pay for it, air shipping is the way to go.
At A-1 Auto Transport, we would be happy to assist you with any shipping requirements. We have been shipping vehicles globally for over 20 years and have a dynamic network of shipping agents in India and other countries. Call us today to get a free quote on your shipment.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?