Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Ship Your Car To Or From Mukono, Uganda
The city of Mukono is situated within the Mukono District, in the central Uganda. Mukono is the administrative hub and plays an important part in the urban local government. Mukono Town is part of the English town of Guildford.
Learn more about shipping to Uganda.
You might be intending to stay here on a long term basis or settle permanently depending on your own requirements. If you want to visit, work, or study in Uganda, you can make your trip more memorable by bringing your own vehicle with you. Over the years, Uganda has seen an increase in the amount of tourists, expats and those returning back to their home country. As the beauty of the country continues to amaze those who take it in, importing your vehicle will give you the opportunities to travel to work and for leisure on your own terms. The public transportation isn’t very reliable and taxis are expensive on a long term basis.
You will first need to be familiar with the rules and regulations of importing a vehicle to Uganda. You need to work with A1 Auto Transport Service to assist you every step of the way while shipping the vehicle, or to simply guide you where you need it the most. Your shipping agent is going to know what you need in order to successfully transport your vehicle to Mukono in Uganda and they will know how to talk to those who do not speak English.
Vehicle Import Guidelines
While there are not as many rules to transport a vehicle to Uganda when compared to other countries however there are a few regulations that still need to be followed. Here are a few of the most important details about transporting a vehicle to Uganda:
- There is no limit on age of vehicles
- Any vehicle either new or used can be imported
- right / Left hand driven vehicles are allowed
- All used vehicles must be cleared to drive on the road and pass the safety and emissions tests prior to shipment
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You can find out more by contacting the Embassy of Uganda. You will still need to have the emissions and road safety test before your vehicle can be driven in the country. You will be given a certificate once your vehicle passes the tests and that certificate must be attached to the documents you submit for your request to import that has to be sent to Uganda Customs Authority. Some of the required documents include:
- Shipper’s original passport
- Log book for your vehicle
- Written inventory of the vehicle
- International Driving license
- Bill of purchase
- Title deed of the car
- Insurance of the vehicle
Payable Tax and Duties
There are certain taxes and duties that must be paid before your vehicle can be released from customs. These include 17% VAT, 15% import duty, 6% withholding tax and an additional 10% of the CIF as Excise Tax. Though it might be a little expensive if you put it all together, but it is important to consider the fact that it is cheaper than buying a new car here.
Since Uganda is landlocked, your vehicle will need to be delivered to the Port of Dar-Es-Salaam located in Tanzania. You may want to choose the port of Mombasa in Kenya instead. Once your vehicle is cleared at port, your shipping agent will work with you to get your vehicle to your new location.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory