Ship Your Car To Or From Mergui, Burma
The Mergui Archipelago is located in the Tanintharyi Region and it has more than 800 islands. All of these vary in size and they all lie in the Andaman Sea off the shore of the Malay Peninsula to the west, where it joins the Indochina region.
Click here to learn more about shipping a vehicle to Myanmar.
Lots of people travel here to study as well as to seek employment for work as there are a lot of natural resources such as jade, natural gas, gems and oil. If you are planning to move to Mergui in Burma for a short stay or on a long term basis, it is best to import your own vehicle here rather than trying to buy a new imported vehicle here, as they are expensive. The roadways are mostly paved. Even those which aren’t are convenient to travel on. Make sure that your vehicle can withstand commute on unpaved roads.
Things to Consider About Importing Your Car
Now, there are quite a few things that you need to consider about the regulations laid down by Myanmar Revenue Department. There are about 300% of taxes of the assessed value of the vehicle. The overall cost of shipping a vehicle to Burma can be as little as $2,700 with a shipping container. This is for a standard sized vehicle. Other methods can cost you as much as $5,800 depending on the vehicle and the transportation method. Duties as well as taxes are high, unless you are a diplomat. There are a few requirements as well, which include:
- Left-handed vehicles only
- You need a valid picture ID or a license and a passport
- You need to have proof of insurance and purchase
- You need to keep the receipts of the duties you’ve paid
- Make sure that the owner waits at the arrival point
- Proof of residency in Myanmar is advisable
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are quite a few required documents as well such as:
- Export certificate
- Proof of insurance
- Inspection certificate
- Bill of lading
- Commercial invoice
At A1 Auto Transport service, we will help you at every step to ensure that all requirements and documentation are done as per requirement because there is nothing complicated. This will need to be submitted at the U.S port and in Burma, when your vehicle enters the borders. It will be validated and verified by the Burma Customs, regardless of the destination that you choose.
RO/RO and container shipping are the most common ways to ship a vehicle. Now, not all ports accept RO/RO but this is generally the most commonly used one as it’s cheaper and quicker. You have to drive the car on a shipping deck on its wheels. You need to keep it perfectly clean and empty it out of all sorts of possessions. Your vehicle will reach the closest port to Burma which is Kolkata in India and then driven across using land based multi-carriers.
The other method is container shipping. It will also reach Kolkata port. However, the difference is that you have the option of selecting 20 feet or 40 feet containers. Containers can be shared with another individual in order to split the costs. Your personal possessions and car can be packed within the same container, but if you compare cost of just shipping a vehicle, RORO is cheaper.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory