Ship Your Car To Or From Mahebourg, Mauritius
Mahebourg is a city located on the southeastern coast of the Mauritius Island. It is one of the main villages of the District of the Grand Port. The streets are well-planned and rather wide, making it clear that it was a Dutch as well as a French colony in the past. However, the city quickly declined in being a sleepy coastal one. Nevertheless, this was obviously in the past as right now it’s a bustling trade center. There is a significant amount of small inns which are located in the city which is designated to cater to the foreign visitors.
Learn more about shipping vehicles to Mauritius.
If you’ve decided to relocate to Mauritius, bringing your vehicle with you is most definitely something you can benefit from. Even if you go ahead and add up all the shipping costs, it’s definitely cheaper than having to buy a new vehicle. Luckily, there are quite a lot of ports in the US from which you can ship your vehicle to the island. Furthermore, there are reliable companies such as the A-1 Auto Transport which are going to help you out.
Choosing a shipping port in Mauritius is rather simplified because the main one is also the capital of the country – Port Louis. Of course, you can also choose other ports to ship if you want to.
There are a few documents that you would have to present at the departure port and at the receiving one. They include:
- Lading bill
- Bill of sale
- Proof of ownership or original title
- Permission certificate if you are leasing the vehicle
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are certain requirements which are specific for Mauritius Revenue Authority. It si important to adhere to these conditions and some of them include:
- The vehicle shouldn’t be more than 48 months old
- You need to have the original Bill of Lading of the car
- A document for Cancellation of Registration is also needed
The country subjects the vehicles to a duty based on the value of the car which is actually determined by the officials at the local revenue services. You are required to pay an exact 15% VAT and import tax which may range from 15% to 100% depending on the vehicle.
There are a few things that you need to make sure that is done before you go ahead and send out your car for shipping:
- Fill ¼ of a tank of gas
- Empty the vehicle from all personal belongings
- Get a record of the damages of the car or any performance issues
- Get insurance for the transport
- Clear the exterior and the interior to avoid quarantine periods.
You are going to be able to choose between container shipping and RO/RO. If you have a standard car and a limited budget, then Roll-On/Roll-Off works well. Your car will be driven on board the ship and secured in the designated parking bay. When your vehicle reaches Port Louis, it will be driven off the ship and into the Customs clearance bay. This is a more affordable option. However, if you have an expensive or a vintage vehicle that needs to be shipped, it is best to consider Container shipment. This is more expensive but you are allowed to ship your personal goods along with the car within the same container. This is safer and devoid of chances of damage as the container is sealed.
You may discuss your concerns with our shipping agents at A1 Auto Transport or contact the Embassy of Mauritius.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?