Ship Your Car To Or From Ipoh, Malaysia
The city of Ipoh is the capital of the Perak state in Malaysia. It is the 3rd largest city and is located about 81 miles from Penang and 120 miles from Kuala Lumpur. It shares its borders with Cameron Highlands, Bata Gajah and Simpang Pulai.
Learn more about shipping to Malaysia.
If you intend moving here or plan on traveling to Ipoh, you might be interested in having your own car with you for the ease of commuting. When you are exporting your car to Ipoh, you will have to pay the relevant custom duties, to complete the entire documentation and all the formalities in advance. Furthermore, you should also be aware of the weather conditions there – the tropical climate is rather suitable for year-round shipping. However, the rainy months are to be avoided as they are prone to cyclones and hurricanes. This is capable of delaying your deliveries.
Important Steps Before Importing the Car
Importing from the United States to Malaysia is done successfully and it’s easy to understand and get through the regulations and through customs without too much of a delay. The relationship between moving and trading with Malaysia has strengthened which has had a positive impact on trade. There are certain documents that you wouldn’t be able to complete the procedure without. These documents are required at the port of the US as well as by the Malaysian Customs Department. They include:
- Clear title of the vehicle
- Registration certificate
- Passport of the owner
- Resident or a work permit
- Vehicle insurance documentation
- Proof of ownership
- Purchase bills
It’s also important to prepare in advance to pay the relevant fees of the VAT as well as the custom duties. In order to get additional information, you might want to get connected with the Malaysia Customs. It is definitely going to help you get additional information. However, you should rely on a professional shipping service such as the A1 Auto Transport in order to get everything handled properly. In addition, you need to apply for international license as your vehicle gets delivered into the country before you can drive it around.
Things to Consider
You are going to need to make certain preparations before your vehicle is transported. You need to remove the air conditioning bags and make sure that there is only ¼ of a gas tank full with no personal belongings. If you want to make sure that your vehicle is actually eligible for the shipping, you might want to check with the Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations.
There are also two shipping methods that you can choose from and they include:
- RORO: The majority of the people are usually going to go with this method as it’s more affordable and quicker. The car that you want to ship is driven on a specific freight carrier and secured on a special deck. The car is driven off as soon as it reaches the destination port. Your vehicle is left exposed to the elements throughout the entire time.
- Container Shipping: You are also capable of choosing between a 20ft or 40ft container for your needs. This is going to ensure that your vehicle is transported safely and it doesn’t get a scratch on it. Of course, there are far more check points and as such this particular process is more expensive. It’s, however, also more reliable and secure.
For any additional information you can contact the Embassy of Malaysia in Washington, DC.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?