Hargeisa is both the capital and the largest city of the Republic of Somaliland which is a self-declared state within Somalia, which is internationally recognized. The city is also a commercial and economic hub for stone-cutting, retail and construction services as well as other import and export endeavors.
It is very important to get in touch with the Somalian Customs Department in order to find out what the necessary documents and requirements are prior to beginning the process of shipping. This is due to the fact that they tend to change quite often but they aren’t as strict as those in other African countries.
It’s easy to guess that title, proof of insurance, ownership and vehicle registration are going to be required alongside a passport. There are also rather standard custom duties that have to be cleared. There are four separate ports – Barbera, Mogadishu, Merca and Kismayu which are located alongside the Gulf of Aden and the Arabian Sea which border the country of Somalia.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Most Effective Shipping Methods.
The duties in Somalia are going to range between 3% and 70%. The regular and rather average duty is around 30%. Higher rates are going to be applied for luxurious items. However, the government charges an additional 800 pounds for importing a luxury car in Hargeisa. The documents that are required include:
- Ownership Proof.
- Residence Permit.
- Purchase Invoice.
- Registration from originating country.
All non-permanent parts of the car which are external have to be removed before the shipment as its common for them to cause complication throughout the process. A lot of aut0 shipping companies are also going to demand that you thoroughly clear the car, especially if you decide to go with the RORO service.
What’s more, you have steam-clean the interior of your car in order to avoid potential quarantine check-ups. This would allow you to avoid transportation to specific quarantine facilities for additional inspections and that’s going to save you a lot of time. Managing to bypass these lengthy procedures is without a doubt something that you should aim for.
With constant updates and new laws being formulated, it is essential to be on the same page before you actually ship your vehicle here. Thus, contact the Somalian Consulate before you start the process.
There are two majorly efficient ways to ship your car to Somalia from the US. Both can be chosen and they depend on the requirements of the owner.
- Container shipping implies that your car would be stored within a private container and you can also ship additional items with your car. This is the more expensive choice but you get great value for your money and you can share the container with someone else to split the costs in half.
- RO/RO shipping is the second choice. It involves your car to be driven on a shipping deck where it would be safely fastened and exposed to the elements. The car has to be entirely clean and you can’t leave anything in it but your spare keys, floor mats, car jack and a spare tire.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory