Ship Your Car To Or From Gdynia, Poland
The panoramic city of Gdynia is located in Poland, in the Pomeranian Voivodeship. Gdynia is a seaport that is located near the Gdansk Bay near the south coast of the Baltic Sea. Gdynia is situated in Kashubia in East Pomerania and is a part of the spa town of Sopot.
If you are coming to Gdynia and you want to bring your vehicle with you to Poland, irrespective of whether you are moving for business or personal reasons. It is important to prepare your vehicle and go through the process of importing with a reputable shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport. The paperwork can seem overwhelming without the help of a transport service agent. The paperwork will need to be filed with the Polish Customs Department so you will need to learn more about the regulations required for importing a vehicle. You will also need to pay all shipping fees that are associated with your transport. You will need to check the weather coming in for the week that you choose to import your vehicle. The weather condition can have a huge impact on the date your vehicle arrives. Winters can be very difficult in this part of the country however the summers are the perfect time to import. Your A1 Auto Transport agent will work with you to give you a quote on how much it will cost and what fees you can expect.
You can ship your vehicle to Poland in two different ways; Roll On/ Roll Off or container shipping. There are similarities and some major differences as well. For example, both of these methods are used regularly when importing a vehicle outside of the United States. Roll On/ Roll Off shipping and be cheaper than container shipping. However, container shipping allows you to ship personal items with your vehicle. You can choose between a 20 foot container and a 40 foot container, depending on the size of your vehicle and the items you plan to send with it.
With the Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method, the vehicle will be driven onto the deck of the ship and secured for the ride. You cannot have any personal items inside the vehicle and no loose items attached to the car on the outside. The only items you can have in your car include floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Staying in Poland
- If you are moving to Poland on a permanent basis, you will need to register your vehicle and pay the necessary taxes on it
- You will need a certificate of export
- You will need to declare your import within a 24-hour period of its arrival
- Pay all customs and registration fees
- Apply to be tax exempt – mainly for retirees or students
- Get a Polish registration plate
Auto Shipping Documentation
You will need to have the correct documentation with you when you import your vehicle. These documents include:
- Lien-free title deed
- Purchase invoice that lists all the details of your vehicle
- Your resident/work permit
- Bill of Lading
- Your current passport
- Your driver’s license
- Insurance currently on your vehicle
Poland is part of the European Union; it has the same assessment when determining the amount of taxes and duties to pay. Thus you can contact the Polish Consulate or browse more information at A1 Auto Transport service.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory