Ship Your Car To Or From Ferizaj, Kosovo
Located in Kosovo, Ferizaj is the third largest of the cities there and is the administrative center. It is located in the south-east section of Kosovo which is also halfway between Skopje, Pristina, and Macedonia.
Click here for further information on shipping to Kosovo.
If you want to travel around Kosovo while you are visiting, bring your vehicle with you and you can enjoy getting around when you need or want to. When you bring your own vehicle over with you, A1 Auto Transport Service can help you throughout this adventure, in fact they can do just about all the work for you so this will reduce your stress you already have in your life.
Because Kosovo is landlocked, your shipment will need to arrive at the Albanian port and then taken to Kosovo by road. During this trip, you will need to have additional travel insurance in order to protect you while you are driving in Kosovo. You will need to be there at the port to pick up your vehicle once it is released and cleared. If you are not able to be there, you can fill out and sign a Power of Attorney form granting A-1 Auto Transport service permission to do that instead. On average, it takes approximately five days to clear the vehicle from customs.
Essential Documents for Auto Import
Before you begin your export adventure, you will need to gather up all the different documents that you will be asked for along the way. These documents can only be provided by you and you can have A1 Auto Transport Service assist you in gathering up the right list of documents needed. This list includes:
- International driver’s license
- Title to your car
- Purchase invoice
- Value appraisal of your vehicle
- Your passport
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are plenty of regulations that must be followed as per the Kosovo Customs Authority include:
- Your vehicle must be less than six years of age
- Pay the mandatory custom duty of 11.5% and additional taxes of 16%. This will depend on the value of your vehicle
Motor Vehicle Regulations in Kosovo
There are certain regulations that need to be adhered to when traveling and driving to Kosovo. These include:
- You must carry your driver’s license and passport with you at all times
- You must have vehicle insurance documents
- You must have proof of registration
- Vehicles will go through a disinfected process before it can be allowed to cross the border
You can drive on your U.S driver’s license in Glogovacand for less than twelve months before you need to obtain a local license. Seat belts and headlights will need to be used at all times.
Since Kosovo is landlocked, you’re A-1 Auto Transport Service agent can assist you in finding the closest port to ship to. You will need to ship your vehicle either by Roll-On/Roll-Off shipping or you can choose container shipping. Containers come in either 20 foot or 40 foot enclosed container and you can transport your personal items along with the car. Roll On/ Roll Off shipping is the quickest and least expensive of the two. There are limitations associated with RORO include emptying the car of personal items, leaving only 1/4th tank of fuel, floor mats and car jack inside the vehicle.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?