Ship Your Car To Or From Eldoret, Kenya
This is a principal city which is located in the western parts of the country and it also serves as the acting capital of the Uasin Gishu County. It is the fastest growing town in Kenya now and it’s the second largest urban center in the Midwestern parts of Kenya right after Nakuru.
Learn more about shipping to Kenya.
Moving to the city could be particularly exciting as you will surely enjoy a lot of the local attractions. However, having your vehicle with you could be particularly beneficial and we at A-1 Auto Transport Service are here to help you out and make the transit as quick and hassle-free as possible.
KRA, or the Kenya Revenue Authority, is going to use selling prices and clearing and forwarding agents when determining the prices. This is why the model of the vehicle is important. The duty is going to be calculated taking the time when the car was actually registered and the make might not always be the same.
Engine capacity is going to determine a lot of the taxes. The larger the engine is, the higher the duties will be. Excise duty is also there. If your car is less than three years of age you can expect to pay about KSH150, 000 while if it’s order you can pay KSH200, 000 and more. There is an import fee of about 25% of the CIF value of the car.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Tax Exemptions for Returning Citizens
Now, if you are coming back to Kenya after you have been abroad for certain duration, you might get you car back free of charge. The rules are as follows:
- The car must not be more than 8 years of age
- You need to be at least 18 years old
- You needn’t have obtained tax exemption permission before
- You need to have lived outside of the country for at least 2 years
- You need to be returning with your own vehicle after owning it for at least 12 months.
You will be required to submit a lot of documents that are needed by the U. S Customs and Border Protection service. Additionally, the Kenyan government will also require a set of these documents for verification. These include:
- Auto insurance
- Title and registration
- Invoice for the paid duties
- Residency in the country
There are two overly preferred shipping methods – RORO and Container shipping. The cost of your shipping is going to depend upon the method you opt for. For those who are looking to ship just their car can opt for Roll-on/Roll-Off method. Your car is rolled on or driven on to the ship and harnessed in place. Later it is driven off. However, it’s also a bit inconvenient if you have a lot of personal belongings to bring with you as you won’t be allowed to. At the same time, container shipping will protect your car a lot and you can ship as many belongings as you need. Of course, it could get at least 60% higher in costs than RORO so that’s a trade-off you need to decide on. However, if you have personal goods to move or an expensive car that has to be transported, then container shipping is a better option.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory