Located in Buskerud County, Drammen is a port that is centrally located toward the eastern part of Norway. The capital of Buskerud County is Drammen. Whether you are moving to Drammen for a few months or plan to stay around for a few years you will need a permit to live and work there. You will also need to fill out additional paperwork in order to bring your vehicle over to Drammen during your stay.
Norway is a part of the European Union so the regulations of the European Union are also followed in Drammen. There are emissions laws that must be followed in order to import your vehicle from the United States to Norway. It’s important that you study up on these regulations before you begin the paperwork to import your vehicle so you won’t have any delays and can make the modifications while you are still in the United States.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing Laws to Follow.
All rules and regulations to transport a vehicle to Norway must be followed. There are restrictions to vehicles brought in by the Roll On/Roll Off shipping option. If you choose to ship your vehicle using container shipping, you will need to agree that everything you packed is legal in the country of Norway. You are allowed to place household goods inside your vehicles if you choose either the 20 foot container or the 40 foot container. Once everything is placed inside the container, it will be sealed shut for the trip.
The import laws and the regulations to import a vehicle to Norway have been updated to become more efficient lately. You are still required to fill out and submit the necessary documentations required to Customs Department of Norway. This department will then verify all the information and respond to your request to transport. Once cleared, you will be able to drive your vehicle around Drammen.
Need the Following Documentation:
- Proof of ownership of the vehicle such as a photo ID or Driver’s license and passport.
- Proof of insurance.
- Work and Residence permit.
- Registration of your vehicle from the United States.
- Original title of your vehicle.
There are many factors to consider when totaling the cost of importing your vehicle. You will need to calculate the freight charges, vehicle insurance and cost of your vehicle, customs taxes of 30% and shipping cost. If you choose to ship your vehicle using the Roll on/ Roll off method, there are some requirements that you must follow:
- The gas tank can only by ¼ of the way full.
- No personal belongings are allowed inside the car during transport.
- Car jack, floor mats, and spare keys will be the only things allowed inside the vehicle.
In order for your vehicle to pass through emissions test, it will have to be modified while still in the United States. You will need to make sure the requirements are complete before your vehicle is scheduled to be shipped. You can benefit from working with a shipping service that has the experience and knowledge. You need to hire A1 Auto Transport Service to ship your vehicle over to Norway, following all EU emission rules and regulations set forth by the European Union.
Once your vehicle has been delivered, you will need to pay for your vehicle at pick up. Payment will include all custom taxes, duties, and levies as specified by the Norwegian Regulations. The emissions test will be administered during this time. If it doesn’t pass this test, you won’t be allowed to run your vehicle in Drammen. You will need to register your vehicle and obtain a registration plate. This plate can be purchased from the Royal Norwegian Ministry of Transportation and Communications.
You will need to find out more information, including the latest in rules and regulations on importing vehicles by contacting the Embassy of Norway.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory