Colon is a seaport located beside the Caribbean Sea and it’s quite near to the Atlantic entrance for the Panama Canal. It’s also the capital city of the Province of Colon in Panama and it’s the second main city in the country.
If you are considering shipping your vehicle to the city, it’s definitely in your best interest to go ahead and find a reliable shipping agent. The company should possess an impeccable track record and it has to be aware of all the requirements for shipping a car to Colon. If your agent knows the details of the order, he could be capable of predicting a problem before it even occurs, thus saving you a considerable amount of time.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You might order a vehicle departure from Port Everglades, Miami, Galveston and Houston, depending on your location. These are all located in the south and you can use whichever is more appropriate. You would also have to determine whether you want a door-to-port shipment or a port-to-port one. The difference is that with the first method they will pick your car from your home. Cristobal is the port which is available in Panama for freight shipping.
Available shipping services.
When it comes to price formation, you should take into account a few things. Door-to-port and port-to-port options come at a different cost with the first one being more expensive. At the same time, you should decide the shipping method you want to go for – RORO or Container shipment, as they both have different prices. The purchased insurance, if there is such, is also going to factor the price. The dimensions of your vehicle as well as the time of the year are also going to have an impact on the cost. You also have to include different taxes, duties, fees, and other tariffs.
However, it is highly likely that your shipping carrier is going to be well aware of all these and he would let you know in advance. Once you’ve dealt with everything of the aforementioned and you have an overall idea of how you want to proceed, your agent should present you with a quote with the price.
If you’ve hired A1 Auto Transport service, we are likely to advise you on what you need to provide in terms of documentation. Of course, it couldn’t hurt if you are already familiar with all these.
- Documents. These are all going to be required by the Panama Customs Authorities. You are going to need to have readable copies of:
– Driver’s license.
– Proof of ownership.
– Bill of Lading.
- Eligibility. You have to make sure that your car is eligible to be properly and legally shipped to the country of Panama. You can refer to the Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations. However, in any case you would have to take into consideration the requirements for the documentation of the lien holder, provided your car is leased.
- You have to file a request with the S. Customs and Border Protection but this could generally be tackled by your agent. The documents have to be submitted at least 72 hours prior to the shipping.
Once You Arrive.
Upon arrival you would have to retrieve your car. You have to be present or you have to authorize someone to pick it up for you. You also have to take care of the additional taxes. Your car might have to be additionally inspected. Keep in mind that the import taxes in Panama are rather high, so make sure to check that at the Panama Embassy.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory