Located east of the Ural Mountains on the Miass River, Chelyabinsk is a large city in Russia. Chelyabinsk is located 130 miles south of Yekaterinburg and northeast of the Chelyabinsk Oblast. It is the administrative and the commercial center of the district.
If you are moving to this panoramic city or are already living there, you might want to import your vehicle over to Chelyabinsk from the U.S. However, it is not cheap to import a vehicle to Russia considering the past international relations.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents Needed to Export a Vehicle to Russia.
As with any import of a vehicle, you will need to submit the relevant documents, which are not limited to:
- An original title to the car.
- A current registration.
- Proof of purchase or ownership.
- VAT invoice or a form showing that you are exempt of paying the VAT.
- Bill of Lading.
- Passport, Visa, or Personal ID.
- Certificate of conformity.
- Certificate of import/permit.
Taxes, tariffs and exemptions.
However, you will need to know that there are high taxes which are approximately 25% of your car’s value. You will also need to factor in 18% VAT. You may even need to pay an annual vehicle tax which is determined by the size of the engine in the vehicle. The more horsepower, the more expensive it will be to maintain that vehicle continuously and that is why there is such a tiered vehicle tax to pay.
When you register your vehicle in Russia, it will not take long to do it. You will need to get temporary registration for your vehicle which will last about three months, or you can extend it for up to one year.
If you are exempt in paying taxes, you will only be exempt on certain vehicles and most commercial and personal vehicles do not meet the criteria established in Russia for tax free import. This exemption is saved for foreign diplomats or vehicles that are used for official businesses such as construction projects or medical carriers. You can contact the Russian Embassy to know more about it.
Methods of shipping Vehicles to Russia.
The method that you select is directly going to affect the total shipping price. You can ship your vehicle to Russia in one of these ways:
- Roll On/Roll Off: this method of shipping means that your vehicle will need to be completely empty when it leaves the port in the U.S. You will be able to have a spare time, floor mats, and a car jack but that’s it. With this method, your vehicle is driven onto the deck of the ship and when it reaches the ports, it is driven off.
- Enclosed Container shipping: This way of transportation will give you a large container (20 feet or 40 feet) where you can store your vehicle and your personal items for transportation. You will be able to add all your personal belongings inside the container to ship at once. You may find someone who will share a container with you and decrease the amount of money you have to spend out of your pocket.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory