What is the RV Shipping Quote?
If you want to find the most accurate estimate for shipping your RV from one place to another, then you need to find a company that has a reputation that will secure your professional opinion of this difficult profession.
While many companies will only give you a ballpark figure, you want to speak to a company like A1 Auto Transport Service that will offer you a safe and reliable experience in transporting your RV.
An RV is a towable vehicle that can bring together both transportation and a temporary living quarter for those who are on the go or traveling from one location to another. RV's are not mobile homes or off road vehicles. They are also not snowmobiles or conversion vehicles. They are listed as recreational vehicles. So when you want a quote for transporting, you want to know exactly what is involved in the shipping and transport of an RV.
RV shipping quote will depend upon fuel prices as it can fluctuate this will have an effect on how much you will be charged. The average cost for most trailers will run between $1.17 and $1.35 per mile when it is loaded. Some drivers will require that you pay a flat rate deposit of around $200 and then they will settle up with you after the job is complete. Your fee will include any balances not paid forward, insurance for transporting, any door-to-door convenience options, and more.
With over twenty one years of service, A1 Auto Transport Service provides a full line of support from filling out the paperwork to determining the cost of transportation. A1 Auto Transport Services is licensed and bonded in order to transport your RV while insured. They offer a long range of discounts and ways that you can save money, go the shortest and most affordable routes and cut corners to make it easier on you. And that is going to have an effect on RV shipping quote.
In order to successfully move an RV, it's important that the company you hire is certified in order to follow the rules and guidelines set forth by the United States Department of Transportation. Many companies will add additional services for transporting the RV when you may be able to transport the RV without it. A1 Auto Transport Service has been moving RV's from the first day and uses the special transporting carriers in order to safely transport the RV to its destination.
What to do to get the best deal?
When you are arranging a transport for your RV, you will want to consider the following:
- You will need to ask ahead of time if the company you hire will protect your vehicle and place the agreement on paper and not just a verbal promise.
- Be sure to have any fees waived or details outside of the normal contract on paper for reference.
- If you cancel the transport within the allotted time frame, you will still be charged a fee that can range from $50.00 to $250.00.
- While most scheduled pick-ups are running on time, there are some days where delays are simply inevitable. When this happens, the transport agency has the right to delay shipping if they get behind. You should have a cancellation clause in your contract for clarity.
- If your contract especially states a delivery guarantee date, they may cover rental cars during the waiting period for your car. You will want to read your contract carefully to ensure that your experience with transporting is successful.
A1 Auto Transport Service will deliver directly to your door or a terminal nearby so you can pick up at your own convenience. All drivers employed through A1 Auto Transport Service is certified and will maintain the most professional service throughout the process. You will be protected from damage throughout your entire transporting process.
Relevant Information & FAQ
- How to ship your RV by train
- What is the average cost to ship an RV
- Shipping RV to South America
- Why it's wise to hire professionals to ship an RV camper
- Find an affordable transport for your RV in the USA
- RV shipping calculator: how does it work?
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.