Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Richmond, California
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Richmond Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Richmond, CA is on the eastern side of the San Francisco Bay in Contra Costa County and has a population just over 100,000. The Port of Richmond is one of the busiest ports in California and is made up of 15 terminals, 5 of which are city-owned. The port handles more vehicle shipments than any other in the San Francisco Bay and became a partner with Honda to import cars in 2009 through the Honda Port of Entry Project.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Richmond to Los Angeles||$383||383 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Richmond to Salt Lake City||$540||720 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Seattle to Richmond||$594||792 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Tuscon to Richmond||$648||865 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Richmond to Albuquerque||$652||1087 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Washington, D.C. to Richmond||$1120||2802 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Richmond to Houston||$1156||1982 miles||5 – 7 days|
|New York to Richmond||$1159||2898 miles||7 – 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Using Richmond Vehicle Transport Companies
- Comparing Prices – You absolutely should compare prices between different companies that ship cars in your area. Most auto transport companies have a website that allows you to easily get a free price quote with some basic information and a few clicks on a form. Take advantage of this! With a couple phones calls or a little web searching, you can easily get a handful of quotes in a very short amount of time and have companies competing for your business.
- Bill of Lading – The bill of lading is a legal document that explains the details of a cargo shipment. It includes information about the vehicle, its condition and where it is being delivered. The auto transporter will do an inspection of your vehicle before shipping and it will be noted on the bill of lading, at which point you should review it. Not only does the bill of lading explain the terms and conditions of the shipment, it also acts as your proof of purchase, so take a good look at it!
Click here for a more in-depth explanation of a bill of lading and what it entails.
- International Transport – Shipping a car to another country can be done in a couple different ways. Transporting a car to Canada or Mexico can still be done with overland car carriers. If a vehicle needs to be transported overseas or by boat, there are two primary methods. The first is called roll on, roll off or RORO shipping. With RORO shipping, the car is driven onto a transport ship and secured in a cargo area designed to hold vehicles. The other method is called containerized shipping, in which the car is loaded into a shipping container. Transporting a car in a container allows you to put additional items, such as personal belongs or furniture, in the container along with the car.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Richmond Auto Transport Company Directory
Direct Express Auto Transport
A coast to coast car shipping company from San Anselmo, Direct Express Auto Transport moves vehicles throughout the continental U.S. They’ve been in business since 2003 and offer free price quotes on their website.
321 San Anselmo Ave., San Anselmo, CA 94960
AmPm Auto Transport
AMPM ships cars, boats, motorcycles, and RVs to locations in the United States and Canada. They’re also affordable and will match or beat any competitors price quote. AMPM offers open and enclosed auto transport services.
3871 Piedmont Ave., Oakland, CA 94611
Automobile Loaders of California, located in Oakland, is an international auto transporter. They use the containerized shipping method, which allows the customer to pack personal belongings and their vehicle in the same container–an ideal service for moving to another country or international travel.
975 66th Ave., Oakland, CA 94621
Richmond includes ZIP codes:
94801, 94802, 94803, 94804, 94805, 94806, 94807, 94808, 94820, 94850.