- Raf Mildenhall United Kingdom Auto Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
- Shipping To A Base In The Oconus Area
- Full List Of Military Shipping Services We Offer
- Military Car Shipping
- Preparing Your Car For Shipment
- Military Motorcycle Shipping
- Preparing Your Motorcycle For Shipment
- Contact Us
RAF Mildenhall United Kingdom Auto Shipping Services by A-1 Auto Transport
RAF Mildenhall is a Royal Air Force (RAF) base located in Mildenhall in the county of Suffolk, England. Although the Air Force Base has the status of the Royal Air Force, it primarily supports the operations of the United States Air Force. RAF Mildenhall is currently home to the 100th Air Refueling Wing.
This base is located in a rural farming settlement in the United Kingdom. An area with a plethora of travel options. If you have been posted here from the United States, you should be excited about exploring the area. The base is well equipped to handle your social and medical needs. Whatever shipping requirements you might have, A-1 Auto Transport is here to assist you, working with us is probably your best choice.
Shipping to a Base in the OCONUS Area
If you are a soldier in the United States Army and have been assigned to RAF Mildenhall, located in England, United Kingdom, you can decide to either leave your Personally Owned Vehicle (POV) behind or take it along with you overseas. If your decision is set on taking your POV to your new military base, it is important to know that you are entitled to receive sponsorship from the government to ship just one POV.
Full List of Military Shipping Services We Offer
- Household goods
Military Car Shipping
You are only entitled to ship a single POV during a permanent change of station (PCS) to or from a military base overseas. The United States government would only take the responsibility of shipping a single vehicle to your new base for your personal use. It is entirely up to you if you want to ship additional vehicles. You can rely on your transportation officer to check for any restrictions. You will have to pay import duties for shipping the other vehicles, which is entirely your responsibility.
Some rules and regulations govern shipping a vehicle to a military base within or outside the United States.
These are some rules that must be adhered to before you are considered eligible to ship your POV.
- You must be a member of the United States Army.
- If you are a DoD civilian with orders authorizing a shipment of your vehicle,
- Or you are a retired military person authorized to ship your vehicle.
Preparing your car for Shipment
Here are some tips to help you prepare your car for shipping to a military base overseas:
- Take the vehicle to a certified automotive specialist to run a thorough diagnosis on it to detect any faults or issues it might have.
- Make sure you document any faults detected. Ensure to take photographs of any damaged areas on the vehicle.
- Prepare all the documents necessary for shipping. Your transport officer can help you with a list of all your requirements.
Military Motorcycle Shipping
The United States government will support you in transporting your motorcycle to your new base overseas only on the ground that it is your only means of mobility. If you have a car and a motorcycle, the government will only sponsor the shipping of one, while the other will be left to be handled by you.
To be eligible to ship a motorcycle, you will be required to provide relevant documents that will prove that the motorcycle is legally yours.
Preparing your motorcycle for Shipment
- Wash the motorcycle thoroughly till it's as clean as new.
- Take the motorcycle to a certified motorcycle mechanic to be serviced.
- Check the pressure of the tires. Ensure they are neither overinflated nor underinflated.
A-1 Auto Transport is more than capable of transporting your POV to RAF Mildenhall in the United Kingdom. You can reach out to us by simply dialing 1-800-452-2880. We guarantee you the most convenient shipping service.