Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Wilmington
Sitting on an expansive 128 acres, The Port of Wilmington is arguably one of the busiest ports in the US. It is located twenty six miles from the Cape Fear River on the open sea. Its strategic location near the U.S industrial base makes it a popular pick for companies seeking cargo and shipping services. Also, the availability of covered and open storage, amounting to 1 million square feet and 250 acres respectively, has made it a hub for many auto transport companies.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Charlotte to Port of Wilmington||$200||200 miles||1-2 days|
|Washington, D.C. to Port of Wilmington||$364||364 miles||2-4 days|
|New York to Port of Wilmington||$441||588 miles||2-4 days|
|Port of Wilmington to Louisville||$519||693 miles||3-5 days|
|Boston to Port of Wilmington||$600||801miles||3-5 days|
|Port of Wilmington to Houston||$723||1206 miles||4-6 days|
|Tucson to Port of Wilmington||$1075||2151 miles||6-8 days|
|San Francisco to Port of Wilmington||$1160||2900 miles||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Shipping facilities at the port of Wilmington
The capability of the Port of Wilmington is best seen through its ability to handle complex cargo from all over the world. Some of the infrastructural facilities that make the North Carolina port stand out include:
- Ongoing improvements on the highway networks both regionally and nationwide. The changes have made shipping cars to or from port of Wilmington by road from the port much easier when compared to its neighbors.
- Availability of CSX transportation that provides rail services and transit times for users of the port. There is also a daily service for general cargo boxcar and tanker services.
- Storage areas and berths readily available for cargo and shipping containers. The availability of berths has made the port standout among others in the area giving it a premier position in North Carolina.
- Terminal facilities that serve Ro-Ro, container, break bulk, and bulk operations. These operations are made possible because of the presence of container cranes, nine berths, and a navigation channel with a depth of 42 feet.
- Use of cargo management systems and modern warehouse facilities has provided a platform for companies shipping cars to or from port of Wilmington to do so confidently. International shipping results in positive growth at the port and neighboring south east market in the US.
Cost of shipping from Port of Wilmington
The capabilities of the port in North Carolina are enormous with many products being transported to and from the harbor. Some of the popular products include grains, wood products, chemicals, fertilizers, furniture, apparel, and automotive parts. Car shipments are quite common with auto shipping companies like A-1 Auto Transport taking the lead. We do our best to offer quality auto transport services that match the investment put in. Some of the vehicles we ship nationwide and overseas include motorcycles, SUVs, boats, and classic cars.
The Port of Wilmington is a foreign trade zone meaning that import duties can be reduced or eliminated. Costs related to inventory and cargo insurance can also decrease on certain operations within the port. To match this, we offer competitive prices for shipping cars to or from Port of Wilmington regardless of the distance. Use the shipping calculator on our site to get an estimate of the amount to be paid for your preferred service. The free quote allows you to compare prices with other shipping companies in North Carolina to get the best rates.
Shipping a vehicle needs handling by experts if it is to succeed. To get first class services in car shipment, call our sales team today.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.