Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port Of Sandusky, Ohio
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Sandusky
The Port of Sandusky, Ohio, is located on Sandusky Bay, which is Lake Erie’s largest natural harbor. Sandusky is Erie County’s headquarters. It’s position on the harbor makes the port a popular tourist destination in the summer months. Aside from tourism, the other main economic activities on the port include coal shipping, wine-making, fishing, and manufacturing. Some of the manufacturing industries on the port make chemicals, steel, iron, paper products and automotive parts.
Domestic car shipping at the port
Several car carriers provide the services of shipping cars to or from port of Sandusky. During the summer months, there is increased demand for shipping from all over the nation to Sandusky. People visiting the port and the surrounding islands still need their cars. Actually, the Jackson Street Pier at the port is a vehicle ferry terminal that services the Pelee Island, a big Canadian island on Lake Erie with a myriad of attractions.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Domestic car shipping to and from the port is conducted and priced like any other. The distance and the size of the vehicle are the main factors that affect the shipping rates. Then, customers choose from the following services;
- Shipping method. The two options are shipping cars on enclosed trucks or open trucks. The choice here is a bargain between cost and the safety of your car. A car shipped in an enclosed truck is safe from road debris and harsh weather and also prying eyes. However, shipping on an open truck is cheap and relatively safe on urban roads. We recommend shipping on an open truck when shipping over short distances and when shipping standard value
- Pickup and delivery methods. Pickup of the car can be done from the vehicle’s current location, or you can deliver it to a shipping terminal near you. Similarly, delivery can be made to a terminal or to any other location you want. The options available are door-to-door, terminal-to-door, door-to-terminal, and terminal-to-terminal. Before you decide on any option involving a terminal, contact the shipping company to make sure they have one near you.
International car shipping through the port
Being a port, one would imagine the possibilities of shipping cars to or from port of Sandusky for overseas transport. Unfortunately, the port does not have the facilities or equipment to handle the ships that transport cars. There is no dock for RORO vessels, and there are no cranes for loading and unloading of containers.
People seeking overseas shipping through the port, are most likely looking to import or export from the state of Ohio. Such clients need not look far for an alternative port. Just 42 nautical miles northwest is the Port of Toledo. This port handles automobile cargo from all over the world. Other alternative ports include the Port of New Haven, Port of Virginia, and Port of Richmond on the east coast, and Port of Los Angeles, Port of Vancouver, and Port of San Francisco on the West Coast.
A-1 Auto Transport is a port of Sandusky auto transporter
Do you want the services of shipping cars to or from port of Sandusky? Look no more. We, A-1 Auto Transport provide quality vehicle transport services to and from Sandusky. That we have happy customers, and more than two decades of experience in the transport industry are reasons enough for you to trust that we know what we are doing. Fill and online quote here, or call us today to get started.