Shipping Cars To or From Port of Providence
The port of Providence is aptly situated with easy access to both water and land. It is seated on Narragansett Bay which is about two and a half hours from Benton Reef Pilot Station – off Long Island Sound. This diamond in the rough has a lot to offer in terms of railway access and highway connections. It has progressed at a phenomenal rate over the last three decades to the point of serving major markets, namely, East, West and Northern Massachusetts, Rhode Island, as well as Northeast Connecticut.
Of all the factors you ought to take consider when shipping cars to or from Port of providence, finding the right auto shipper reigns supreme. You need to find one that’s not only insured, bonded, and , but also very liable. Here are a few other noteworthy ideas.
The US Department of Transportation stipulates that your vehicle should be free of any household goods when shipping cars to or from the port of Providence. In layman terms, this simply means that your car should not have any personal items in it. You will be required to rid your car of any exterior add-ons that are not a prime component of the vehicle at the point of purchase. GPS navigation systems, DVD players, and external speakers should all be taken out to protect them from potential theft or damage. Remember to clear out any junk that may be in your car trunk.
Should you choose to disregard these provisions, keep in mind that many auto shippers do not extend insurance cover to items within the car. What’s more, the added personal items could have your vehicle surpass the standard weight burdening you an extra $250 fee at the least. If it is a must for you to carry certain personal items, please consult your auto shipper first for directions.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Mode of shipping
Ro Ro is a pretty popular method when shipping cars to or from the port of Providence and other far-flung ports globally. It has made serious inroads in overseas shipping thanks to the fast and efficient manner cars are loaded and offloaded. It employs the use of roll on roll off ramps that allow cars to simply be driven onto and off the ship.
The second alternative is container shipping, where your car is loaded to a container where it is braced and secured before charting the wild rapids.
Although RoRo is the gold standard of shipping, containerized shipping is favored for its broader options. The geographical coverage of Ro Ro ships extends to global routes but is not all-encompassing like the container method. You can only utilize this method if the port of discharge has the facilities required for Ro Ro vessels.
After reaching your destination, your automobile can be delivered to your company’s warehouse or brought right to your doorstep. The latter option is often a tad more pricey than the former but very convenient for those living near the discharge port.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance.
Auto Transport Services in Rhode Island (RI), USA
- Bristol, Rhode Island (RI)
- Bristol County, Rhode Island (RI)
- Central Falls, Rhode Island (RI)
- Coventry, Rhode Island (RI)
- Cranston, Rhode Island (RI)
- Cumberland, Rhode Island (RI)
- East Providence, Rhode Island (RI)
- Johnston, Rhode Island (RI)
- Kent County, Rhode Island (RI)
- Lincoln, Rhode Island (RI)
- Newport, Rhode Island (RI)
- Newport County, Rhode Island (RI)
- North Kingstown, Rhode Island (RI)
- North Providence, Rhode Island (RI)
- Pawtucket, Rhode Island (RI)
- Port of Providence, Rhode Island (RI)
- Portsmouth, Rhode Island (RI)
- Providence, Rhode Island (RI)
- Providence County, Rhode Island (RI)
- Smithfield, Rhode Island (RI)
- South Kingstown, Rhode Island (RI)
- Warwick, Rhode Island (RI)
- Washington County, Rhode Island (RI)
- West Warwick, Rhode Island (RI)
- Westerly, Rhode Island (RI)
- Woonsocket, Rhode Island (RI)