Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Muskegon, Michigan
The Port of Muskegon, or Muskegon Harbor, is located on the shores of Lake Muskegon, on the eastern shores of Lake Michigan. It is a medium-sized deep-water seaport that handles more than a million tons of salt, coal, aggregate, and general cargo. The US Army Corps of Engineers ensures that there is all-year access to the port from the Great Lakes Waterway by dredging the channel between Lake Michigan and Lake Muskegon. This connection opens up Muskegon Harbor to international trade.
Read on for information about shipping cars to or from Port of Muskegon, Michigan.
Car shipping through the port of Muskegon
Muskegon Harbor has seven marine terminals. There are mobile and fixed cranes, with the largest crane having a 600-ton capacity. The port facilities handle break bulk cargo. However, the port does not handle containers; and neither does it have a Ro-on/Roll-off dock to handle auto cargo from RORO vessels. Therefore, internationally shipping cars to or from Port of Muskegon, Michigan, as of 2017, is not possible. However, the Michigan government has plans to improve the port facilities so that they can handle containerized cargo in the future.
What are the options for overseas shipping of cars to or from Muskegon?
Due to the limitations at the port of Muskegon, you have to ship through alternate seaports. We do international shipping of cars through seaports with auto cargo handling capabilities designated as ports of entry. Such ports either have container handling equipment or Ro/Ro docks, or both. Your options are;
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Seaports near Muskegon
The nearest ports to Muskegon with cargo handling facilities are the Port of Detroit, Michigan, the Port of Cleveland, Ohio, and the Port of Toledo, Ohio. These ports are part of the Great Lakes Waterway which is connected to the Atlantic Ocean.
Seaports in the east coast
The Great Lakes ports are not as busy as the East Coast ports. We may look at our shipping schedule and decide, in the interest of quick delivery, to ship through East Coast ports such as New York, New Haven, and Philadelphia.
Seaports in the west coast
Another consideration during international auto shipping is the position of the port of entry in relation to the overseas location. The Great Lakes inland ports and the East Coast ports are geographically near Muskegon. However, they are very far from the Pacific Rim. When locations in the Pacific Rim are involved, we prefer shipping through the busy West Coast ports such the ports of Seattle and Vancouver in Washington State, and port of Portland, Oregon. From or to these ports, we will transport the car to you over land to Muskegon, or any other location in the US.
Why A-1 Auto Transport
Are you looking for services of shipping cars to or from Port of Muskegon, Michigan? Choose us for the following reasons;
- We have been in the transport industry for more than 20 years, and Muskegon is one of our regular destinations.
- Quality services. According to these reviews from previous customers, we offer quality services.
- We handle your car with care – as if it is our own. Also, in case of damage when the car is in our care, you will be compensated duly because we are fully insured.
- Affordable rates. We pride ourselves on offering affordable rates. Visit this page for a free quote.
For more information call us today. Our friendly customer care team will be more than happy to help.
Auto Transport Services in Michigan (MI), USA
- Ann Arbor, Michigan (MI)
- Battle Creek, Michigan (MI)
- Canton, Michigan (MI)
- Dearborn, Michigan (MI)
- Dearborn Heights, Michigan (MI)
- Detroit, Michigan (MI)
- East Lansing, Michigan (MI)
- Farmington Hills, Michigan (MI)
- Flint, Michigan (MI)
- Grand Rapids, Michigan (MI)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan (MI)
- Kentwood, Michigan (MI)
- Lansing, Michigan (MI)
- Lincoln Park, Michigan (MI)
- Livonia, Michigan (MI)
- Midland, Michigan (MI)
- Muskegon, Michigan (MI)
- Muskegon, Michigan (MI)
- Novi, Michigan (MI)
- Pontiac, Michigan (MI)
- Port of Alpena, Michigan (MI)
- Port of Calcite, Michigan (MI)
- Port of Detroit, Michigan (MI)
- Port of Dolomite, Michigan (MI)
- Port of Inland, Michigan (MI)
- Port of Marquette, Michigan (MI)
- Port of Monroe, Michigan (MI)
- Port of Presque Isle Township, Michigan (MI)
- Port of St. Clair, Michigan (MI)
- Port Of Drummond Island, Michigan (MI)
- Port Of Escanaba, Michigan (MI)
- Port Of Grand Haven, Michigan (MI)
- Port Of Stoneport, Michigan (MI)
- Portage, Michigan (MI)
- Rochester Hills, Michigan (MI)
- Roseville, Michigan (MI)
- Royal Oak, Michigan (MI)
- Saginaw, Michigan (MI)
- Southfield, Michigan (MI)
- St. Clair Shores, Michigan (MI)
- Sterling Heights, Michigan (MI)
- Taylor, Michigan (MI)
- Troy, Michigan (MI)
- Warren, Michigan (MI)
- Westland, Michigan (MI)
- Wyoming, Michigan (MI)