Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port of Gulfport, Mississippi
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To or From Port of Gulfport, Mississippi
The Port of Gulfport, Mississippi is an international seaport that has been experiencing sky-high progress in the recent past. It is continually fostering strong economic growth by promoting international and domestic trade. The port’s success can be largely attributed to its close proximity to the Gulf of Mexico.
Aside from investing in a reliable auto shipper here’s what you need to do know about shipping cars to or from port of Gulfport, Mississippi.
Below is a comprehensive list of the most relevant paperwork required when shipping cars to or from port of Gulfport Mississippi.
- Document asserting proof of ownership of the car. There should be no lien recorded on it.
- If your car is used, the original certificate of title ownership ought to be endorsed to you by the previous owner.
- The port requires you to have a notarized bill of lading.
- For a new car, an original certificate of origin must be presented. This document is issued to you from the car dealership you purchased your automobile. Also, attach a bill of sale.
- If you work in the military, State or Government, there is often a lien recorded on your car and they ought to authorize the export of the vehicle. This authorization document needs be an original letter drafted by the lien holder as well as three certified copies of Title ownership.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Mode of shipping
You can either opt for Ro Ro shipping or Container shipping when shipping cars to or from port Gulfport Mississippi. A Ro Ro ship is a large-sized vessel that carries all motorized cars that can be towed or driven. The inside of the ship is modeled to resemble a huge parking lot where many cars are parked. Here they do not have to contend with the harsh outdoor marine environment. This is the most popular method of shipping cars because it’s cheap and allows easy loading and offloading.
If you decide to go for Ro Ro, ensure that your car is in good working condition. In the off chance your vehicle brakes, rolls, and steers, but does not drive, you will bear an additional cost for manual intervention by the carrier.
Container shipping is the costlier alternative. This is where your car is firmly secured in a 20ft long 7.5ft high and 7.5ft wide container. The added protection offered by this method makes it suitable for shipping high-value cars. Unlike RoRo shipping, here you can have your personal items in the car. However, just be sure not to exceed the 20,000 pounds weight limit allocated for the 20ft. container.
Custom clearance broker
For overseas shipping -to or from the port of Gulfport- you will be required to secure the services of a customs broker. Their job is to process the vehicle and accompanying documents through the hoops of import/export regulations. The cost of the clearance fees is often included in the auto shipper’s quote but if it’s not it’s your responsibility to cater for the cost.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance.