Shipping Cars To or From Port of Green Bay
Along the western banks of Lake Michigan lies the Port of Green Bay. The Port offers a cost-effective way of transporting a diverse array of cargo from the Midwest to the rest of the world. Seeing as it transports close two million tons of cargo every year, the port has become a key determinant of the economic health of the Green Bay area.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Milwaukee to Port of Green Bay||$117||117 miles||1-2 days|
|Port of Green Bay to Indianapolis||$394||394 miles||2-4 days|
|Port of Green Bay to Dallas||$670||1116 miles||4-6 days|
|Port of Green Bay to Jacksonville||$763||1272 miles||4-6 days|
|Port of Green Bay to Nashville||$898||1496 miles||4-6 days|
|San Diego to Port of Green Bay||$1088||2175 miles||6-8 days|
|Tucson to Port of Green Bay||$1094||1824 miles||5-7 days|
|Las Vegas to Port of Green Bay||$1108||1846 miles||5-7 days|
Here’s a step by step guide on shipping cars to or from Port of Green Bay.
Step 1: Book an auto mover
To get the best returns for your cash, look for a car shipping company that charts both international and domestic waters. Ensure the company is insured, bonded, and licensed. You can do this by checking its accreditations with the Federal Maritime Commission.
Step 2: Determine Shipping costs
Other than the auto shipper's quotation, here are a few other costs you may incur when shipping cars to or from the Port of Green Bay.
- Demurrage - This a charge levied by the ports to the consignee for holding a vehicle beyond the stipulated time of offloading and loading. It also refers to a charge extended by the auto shipper for failure of picking up your vehicle from the port within the agreed time frame. To avoid the burden of such fees, ensure that you have ironed out every detail regarding delivery to and from the port with your auto shipper. If your budget allows, its best you opt for the door-to-door- delivery method instead of port-to-port.
- Wharfage - This is the charge levied for the handling of your vehicle by the port’s personnel.
- Shipping insurance - For your own peace of mind, its best that you invest in a good maritime insurance. Ask your auto shipper if they can extend this service before signing on the dotted line. The standard insurance covers 2% of the total value of the car but you can opt for the 2.5% cover depending on your needs.
Being a small port, the only mode of shipping available at this port is container shipping which is often higher priced than its alternative RoRo.
Step 3: Have the relevant paperwork
The relevant documents for shipping cars to or from port of Green Bay needed by customs include:
- Proof of vehicle ownership
- Valid Driver’s license
- Vehicle Identification number
Note that you may be required to have other documents depending on whether you are shipping a new, used or a junk car.
Another important document is the bill of lading. This a comprehensive report of the status of your car prior to shipping that is signed by the auto shipper. The carrier is basically acknowledging the receipt of your vehicle and promises to deliver it to the desired destination safely. Should your car suffer any damage, this will be the most instrumental document when filing a claim.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org