Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port of Galveston, Texas
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To or From Port of Galveston
Texas is known for a number of sea ports, and one of them is the Port of Galveston. The port, located in Galveston City, TX, dates back as early as 1825 before Texas was a State on its own. It is the oldest port west of New Orleans, in the Gulf of Mexico. It has been under the management of Galveston Wharves Board of Trustees, which oversees all its operations which are greatly international car shipments. Many of the renowned car shipping companies including us, A-1 Auto Transport Inc. operate through this management body to gain rights for shipping cars to or from Port of Galveston.
Features of Port of Galveston
The Port of Galveston is naturally featured to aid heavy cargo shipping from the Gulf of Mexico. It has a direct channel leading it to the open waters in the Gulf of Mexico. With a minimum depth of 45 feet and the narrowest point measuring 1,200 feet, this channel can comfortably accommodate both medium-sized and extra-large cargo ships. The channel offers a 30-minute sail between the port and the open waters of the Gulf, stretching across a 9.3-mile seaway for incoming and outgoing ships. Any vehicle shipping company will see this as a plus when shipping cars to or from Port of Galveston.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Port of Galveston Terminals
The port of Galveston has a total of 15 different terminals spread along the 9.3-mile long channel, alongside the Gulf intercoastal waterway, just at the entrance of Galveston Bay from the Gulf and on the northern most side of Galveston Island. Of the 15 terminals, three are dedicated to serving vehicle shipment activities. They include:
- Foreign Trade Zone: This terminal is dedicated to offering warehouse facilities. These facilities are primal for vehicles either awaiting export, or vehicles that have just been shipped into the US and haven’t yet been picked up by clients.
- Pier 10 Terminal: This terminal is dedicated to offering truck services. When we flat-rack or close-haul your vehicle from inland states through long haul trucks for shipping cars to or from Port of Galveston, this is the terminal we first report to. After the vehicles are cleared, the ones shipped inside enclosed containers are loaded onto the cargo ships using heavy tonnage cranes.
- Pier 34 Terminal: This 38-ft deep terminal offers Roll-on/Roll-off (Ro-Ro) car shipping services. The vehicles under this mode are simply driven onto the cargo ship and driven off it upon arrival at the destination. The terminal also offers warehouse facilities to safely house the vehicles under Ro-Ro shipment from external factors like debris and weather.
The rich facilities of the Port of Galveston allows it to handle well over 32,500 cars per year on imports only, ranking it 48th overall in terms of total trade both foreign and domestically. The Port of Galveston has a record that speaks for itself. It has always been, and will still remain, among the ports that A-1 Auto Transport Inc. ships vehicles through.