Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Everett, Washington
The Port of Everett, Washington is a natural deep-water harbor located 25 miles from the north of Seattle. It lies at the opening of the Snohomish River and Port Gardner Bay - off Puget Sound, and is ranked 2nd among the largest marinas on the West Coast of the United States. The port specializes in the handling of cargo used by the manufacturing and construction industry. In addition, the aerospace industry views the port as a vital link because of its involvement in transportation of jetliner parts. Shipping cars to or from port of Everett, Washington is also a major activity at the harbor.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Dallas to Port of Everett||$263||263 miles||2-4 days|
|Sacramento to Port of Everett||$585||782 miles||3-5 days|
|Port of Everett to Salt Lake City||$642||858 miles||3-5 days|
|Tucson to Port of Everett||$931||1555 miles||5-7 days|
|Omaha to Port of Everett||$1000||1669 miles||5-7 days|
|Port of Everett to Washington, D.C.||$1110||2779 miles||7-9 days|
|New York to Port of Everett||$1146||2868 miles||7-9 days|
|Houston to Port of Everett||$1179||2361 miles||6-8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car shipping at the port of Everett, Washington
As of 2012, the port of Everett, Washington was ranked 5th in export value by the U.S Census Bureau Foreign Trade Division. It was also ranked 2nd among the fastest growing export ports in the West Coast. The reasons for the high ranking vary but it’s mostly due to the benefits it offers shipping companies.
- Its unique location makes it possible for the port to handle different types of cargo. The harbor links directly with the BNSF Railway and is the first one to be reached by trains travelling to the Midwest as well as the eastern part of the US. Also, it can be easily accessed from Interstate 5, making it easy for car carriers to get to the port from various destinations.
- Expertise in handling of over dimensional, heavy, wide, and high cargo. A-1 Auto Transport uses the port to ship large vehicles such as SUVs and boats because of this special capability. Break bulk cargo is also well handled at the port giving it a premiere position in the entire region.
- Container shipping of various cargo including automobiles and aerospace parts is done at the port of Everett. The port has two terminals dedicated to containers with traffic growing on an annual basis. Also, it is ranked 3rd in terms of provision of container facilities within the Washington state.
- Shipping cars to or from port of Everett, Washington to international destinations is much easier if you live in Canada, Alaska or the Far East. Vehicle movers that offer international shipping find the facilities at the port convenient when transporting to either of these destinations. Also, the seaport offers fast turnaround times eliminating congestion often seen at other ports in the US.
- An experienced workforce that is trained in handling different types of cargo is another reason to ship from the port. The workers make the process of importing and exporting less stressful because of their cargo handling abilities. It does not matter the vehicle being transported to and from the port, it will be handed over to truck drivers in one piece and in good time.
- Presence of an airport within a 4-mile radius with aircrafts that have cargo capabilities also makes the sea port ideal for shipping companies. The jumbo aircrafts pick up and drop off cargo from the port for transportation to local and international destinations.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.