Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Chattanooga, Tennessee
The Port of Chattanooga, Tennessee, is an inland port on the banks of the Tennessee River. The river is part of the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway, which enables navigation from the midsection states to the Gulf of Mexico. The port of Chattanooga has several privately-owned terminals, such as the Mid-South Terminals owned by the Serodino Inc., and several marinas. The main use of the port is general freight transfer.
Car shipping through the port of Chattanooga
The Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway only accommodates barges which are directed to the inland ports by tugboats. Shipping cars to or from port of Chattanooga, Tennessee, is thereby not common. Most individuals and shipping companies prefer to use sea ports as a point of entry or exit. They transport vehicles to or from the port by road, because barges are slow. Also, the port at Chattanooga does not have a US Customs and Border Protection vehicle processing facility.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Seaports near Chattanooga
People in Chattanooga city looking to ship to or from overseas locations have to use other ports. The seaports with vehicle processing and auto cargo handling capabilities include;
- Port of New Orleans, Louisiana
- Port of Mobile, Alabama
- Port of Savannah, Georgia
When shipping to overseas locations, the point of exit is chosen by the auto shipper you hire. Most of the time they choose a busy port close to the current location of the car. They also have to consider the destination of your car. Shipping from the East Coast to Pacific Rim nations is not only expensive, but also slow. For that reason, the shipper might have to transport your car by road from Chattanooga to a West Coast seaport such as Los Angeles if your destination is in the Pacific Rim.
When shipping from overseas, the car has to be processed for importation at a port designated as a port of entry by the US CBP. The shipping company tells you the port of entry and expects you to have informed the customs agency about the importation before the car arrives at the port. If the port of entry is geographically inconvenient to you, you have two options;
- Hire a customs broker to import the car on your behalf.
- Hire a freight forwarder to bring the car to a port near you.
Domestic car shipping in the port of Chattanooga
Aside from overseas shipping, we also provide the services of domestic shipping of cars to or from Port of Chattanooga. The city is among our many nationwide destinations. We ship to and from Chattanooga from Nashville, Knoxville, and any other location in the 50 states of the united states. We offer our full range of services to people shipping to and from the area. These services include, but are not limited to;
- Door-to-door service
- Luxury, classic, and sports car transportation
- Enclosed or open truck shipping
- Express shipping
- Van, truck, and RV shipping
- Water craft shipping
- Motorbike shipping
A-1 Auto Transport is committed to providing quality services of shipping cars to or from port of Chattanooga. Over the course of the 20 years we have been in business we have acquired extensive transport industry knowledge and experience. We have a large fleet of trucks and a professional team of loaders and drivers. In short, we are the best port of Chattanooga auto transporters you will find.
Visit this page for a quote or call us today.
Auto Transport Services in Tennessee (TN), USA
- Bartlett, Tennessee (TN)
- Brentwood, Tennessee (TN)
- Bristol, Tennessee (TN)
- Chattanooga, Tennessee (TN)
- Chattanooga, Tennessee (TN)
- Clarksville, Tennessee (TN)
- Cleveland, Tennessee (TN)
- Collierville, Tennessee (TN)
- Columbia, Tennessee (TN)
- Cookeville, Tennessee (TN)
- East Ridge, Tennessee (TN)
- Elizabethton, Tennessee (TN)
- Farragut, Tennessee (TN)
- Franklin, Tennessee (TN)
- Gallatin, Tennessee (TN)
- Germantown, Tennessee (TN)
- Hendersonville, Tennessee (TN)
- Jackson, Tennessee (TN)
- Johnson City, Tennessee (TN)
- Kingsport, Tennessee (TN)
- Knoxville, Tennessee (TN)
- La Vergne, Tennessee (TN)
- Lebanon, Tennessee (TN)
- Maryville, Tennessee (TN)
- Memphis, Tennessee (TN)
- Morristown, Tennessee (TN)
- Murfreesboro, Tennessee (TN)
- Nashville, Tennessee (TN)
- Oak Ridge, Tennessee (TN)
- Port Of Memphis, Tennessee (TN)
- Port of Nashville, Tennessee (TN)
- Sevierville, Tennessee (TN)
- Shelbyville, Tennessee (TN)
- Smyrna, Tennessee (TN)
- Spring Hill, Tennessee (TN)