Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port of Canaveral, Florida
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To or From Port of Canaveral
A-1 Auto Transport Inc. works through the Port of Canaveral in its overseas car shipping activities. The Port is found in Brevard County, Florida. It is among the highest trading ports in the East Coast, as it is both a cruise port and cargo port. Well over 3.9 million cruise passengers were recorded to have passed through this port in 2014. And that figure hasn’t dropped much to date. The Port handles approx. 2,700,000 tons of bulk cargo each year, including automotives. Its capacity to handle such an impressive amount of cargo attracts car hauling companies that provide the services of shipping cars to or from port of Canaveral.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Port of Canaveral to Jacksonville||$160||160 miles||1-2 days|
|Charlotte to Port of Canaveral||$407||543 miles||2-4 days|
|Port of Canaveral to Atlanta||$490||490 miles||2-4 days|
|New York to Port of Canaveral||$660||1100 miles||4-6 days|
|Detroit to Port of Canaveral||$708||1180 miles||4-6 days|
|Port of Canaveral to Boston||$788||1313 miles||4-6 days|
|Port of Canaveral to Phoenix||$1095||2189 miles||6-8 days|
|San Jose to Port of Canaveral||$1160||2900 miles||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Features of the Port
The port of Canaveral acts as the gateway to Central Florida, providing direct access to major markets and interstates in FL. The port is strategically located to provide easy access to the Atlantic Ocean, a major sea route common for conveying cruise passengers and cargo from Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Its direct access to the ocean and proximity to major markets and transportation routes in Florida favors shippers by providing cost-effective and hassle-free shipping grounds. This makes it among the most conducive cargo shipping ports in the US.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The port has a draft depth of 43’ allowing it to accommodate larger vessels, especially those that offer enough room for shipping vehicles in containers or using the Ro-Ro method. Shipping cars to or from Port of Canaveral is conducive here because the loading and offloading process is eased by the deep harbor. Vehicles increases the tonned of cargo handled here, and as such, not all ports offer auto mobile shipping.
The Canaveral Port Authority runs the daily operations of Port of Canaveral, including the expansion of facilities that the port enjoys. Currently, the port boasts of modern port facilities that facilitate cargo handling. With our primal focus being on car shipping, the facilities promoting shipping cars to or from Port of Canaveral include:
- 10 Berths: The Port has a total number of 10 berths, measuring 400 – 1872 feet in length. They provide a depth of -28 to 43 feet, facilitating safe docking for cargo ships along the north and south piers. Auto shipping companies with private cargo ships can book an entire berth for their shipment through the Canaveral Port Authority. Safety and security for these berths is ensured, further facilitating ocean freight car shipping.
- Container dedicated terminals: The Port of Canaveral offers two deep-water container cargo berths that facilitate the shipping of vehicles through the port using intermodal containers. With 1,800 feet of these terminals fitted with two ship-to-shore cranes, loading and offloading of the containerized vehicles is eased immensely. The cranes are able to comfortably handle about 30 to 40 containers of 40.6 metric tons per hour.
- Ro/Ro: The Port of Canaveral has its south cargo pier 4 specialized for roll-on/roll-off shipping facilities. The entire 16-acre area offers ample storage facilities with direct access to the cargo ships through paved Ro-Ro pathways.