Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port Of Buffalo, New York
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Buffalo, New York
The Port of Buffalo is located on the northeastern shores of Lake Erie in western New York. It sits on the mouth of Niagara River and is the 7th busiest port of the Great Lakes Waterway. The port is owned and managed by the Gateway Metroport. It is the first port of call for vessels entering the Great Lakes. Its location makes it a good point of distribution to the Midwestern and Canadian markets. The port is equipped with heavy lift equipment and storage facilities that facilitate shipping of all types of cargoes. Read on to learn more about shipping of cars to or from Port of Buffalo, New York.
Car shipping through the Port of Buffalo
The port’s public use terminals have a dock area of about 1,000 square meters and are served by both road and rail. Auto shippers ship cars to or from the terminals by road. Vessels carrying cars can self-unload or use the crawler crane, which has a 320-ton capacity, or the gantry crane, which has a 55-ton capacity. The port offers several services including motor vehicle importation. For more information on this service, contact the port authority on the number provided on this page.
We ship vehicles from (or to) Buffalo City, western New York, and the midwestern US states through this port. The auto cargo vessels access the port from the Atlantic Ocean through the Gulf of Saint Lawrence. Then they sail on the Saint Lawrence River to Lake Ontario and on to Buffalo through the Niagara River. This route is convenient when shipping to or from Europe and other countries and continents bordering the Atlantic Ocean.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping to Buffalo from or to Pacific Rim nations
When it comes to international car shipping the Seaport position is very important. If the overseas location is in the Pacific Rim, port of Buffalo is not a convenient port of entry or exit. The vessel might have to take a long route to get to Buffalo, thereby unnecessarily delaying the shipment. In such situations, we ship through west coast ports such as Port of Vancouver, Washington, or the ports of Oakland and Los Angeles, California.
The cost of shipping to or from Port of Buffalo
The cost of shipping cars to or from Port of Buffalo, New York, is dependent on many factors. Our affordable shipping rates are dependent on;
- Shipping distance. In the case of international shipping, we consider three distances. For the purpose of helping you understand the costs, we are going to assume you are shipping the car from the US to an overseas destination. The first is the distance between the current location and the Port of Buffalo. Then the distance the cargo vessel will cover between Port of Buffalo and the port of entry at the destination country. Then the distance from the port of entry to the final destination.
- Size of the car. The larger the car the more the cost of shipping.
- Customs duty. If you will not be available to clear the car through customs, we make arrangements with customs brokers and add the cost to the total shipping price.
- Services provided. Services such as door-to-door, enclosed transport over land and satellite tracking increase the shipping cost.
We are experienced in shipping cars to or from Port of Buffalo, New York. We are one of the few auto transporters that offer quality services at affordable rates. Call us today for more information and a cost estimate or visit this page for a free quote.