Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Barrow, Alaska
Barrow, also known as Ukpiaġvik, is a big port town in the US state of Alaska. It is located 300 miles north of the Arctic circle, making it the US’s northernmost community. The northernmost point in the US is Point Barrow which is located just 10 miles north. The Port of Barrow, which is managed by North Slope Port Authority, is popular for cruise shipping. It is an entry and exit port of the North Slope Borough in Alaska. Read on to find out more about shipping cars to or from Port of Borough, Alaska.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Port Of Barrow to Anchorage||$540||721 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Port Of Barrow to Denver||$1126||2815 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Port Of Barrow to Seattle||$1187||1979 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Chicago to Port Of Barrow||$1222||3055 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Memphis to Port Of Barrow||$1370||3426 miles||7 - 12 days|
|New York to Port Of Barrow||$1371||3429 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Port Of Barrow to Houston||$2354||5887 miles||7 - 12 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
International car shipping through the Port of Barrow
Realizing the economic growth that increased ship traffic would bring to the North Slope Borough, a port authority was created in 2014. The authority is responsible for funding and operating the port. However, there is still no infrastructure at the port, or anywhere along the North Slope coastline. There is just but a docking facility at the nearby Prudhoe Bay.
The community at Barrow uses crude methods to load and unload water vessels, which are mostly barges. If they need overseas car shipping they use other equipped seaports in Alaska. These ports include;
- Port of Anchorage
- Port of Valdez
- Port of Nikiski
Car shipping to and from port of Barrow
The North Slope Borough has many tourist attractions. The culture of the Eskimo people, the snowy shores of the Arctic Ocean, the vast forest land, icy mountains, and cruise shipping are some of the reasons tourists visit the North Slope Borough.
Being the largest city in the North Slope Borough, Port of Barrow gets a lot of tourists. These tourists, mostly from the 48 contiguous states of the US, need their cars to enjoy touring the North Slope. As you can guess, you need a car transport company to ship the car to Barrow.
We are one of the few US-based auto shippers shipping cars to or from Port of Barrow, Alaska. Demand for car shipping to Barrow is higher during the summer because people want to go and experience, first-hand, the 66 days of total sunlight. Because Barrow is a popular destination and the roads are clear of ice and snow during the summer, we offer very affordable shipping rates.
What to consider when shipping a car to Barrow, Alaska
Plan your shipping well ahead of time. The distance from locations in Mainland US to Barrow is huge. From Seattle, Washington to Barrow, the minimum distance is 2,000 miles, depending on the route taken. Contact your shipper 2-3 months before your trip so that they can have ample time to schedule the shipping in a timeline convenient to you.
Why use our Port of Barrow car transport services?
We are an experienced auto transporter with extensive knowledge in the transportation industry. You should use our services for the following reasons;
- We offer affordable rates.
- We offer door-to-door pickup and delivery service – we will ship your car from your home to your hotel in Barrow and vice versa.
- We ship any type of automobile (cars, trucks, ATVs, RVs, luxury vehicles) and even watercrafts.
- We offer expedited shipping services to customers in urgent need of their cars.
If you need the services of shipping cars to or from Port of Barrow, you are in the right place. Call us today or visit this page for a free quote.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇺🇸 Barrow - North Slope, Alaska (AK) 99723
Our Services and Information
A-1 Auto Transport - Domestic Locations
We Strive to Serve Communities in all 50 States.
- ATV FAQAuto ShowsAuto Transport BrokersAuto Transport CarriersBlogBoat FAQCar BrandsCar Classic FAQCar Domestic DestinationsCar Domestic FAQCar International DestinationsCar International FAQCar ModelsDomestic MovingDoor to Door FAQEnclosed FAQFreight InformationHeavy Equipment InformationInternational Moving FAQMilitary FAQMotorcycle BrandsMotorcycle Domestic DestinationsMotorcycle FAQMotorcycle International DestinationsMotorcycle International FAQMotorcycle US StatesMoving CompaniesMoving GuidePressRV FAQTowing FAQ
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August