Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port Of Anchorage, Alaska
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Anchorage
The Port of Anchorage in Alaska, US, is a deep-water port with five berths. It is managed by the Municipality of Anchorage but funds its own operations through the revenue generated by the economic activities at the port. The port is the main entry and exit point, not only to Anchorage, but also the entire state of Alaska. Some of the commodities trading through the port include petroleum, steel, dry bulk goods, and automobile and automobile parts.
Car shipping through the port of Anchorage
Overseas shipping of cars to or from Port of Anchorage is possible and convenient for the following reasons;
- Easy access from the Pacific Ocean: The most preferred method of international auto shipping is water. The port has access to the Pacific Ocean via the Cook Inlet. There is no limit to the size of the ships that can dock at the port.
- Road and railroad access: After the cars arrive at the port from overseas locations, they have to be transported to their final destination in Alaska or other locations in Canada and the US. Similarly, vehicles headed for overseas destinations have to be transported from the inland locations to the port. Auto transporters use road or railroad to ship cars to or from the port overland. The port is easily accessible via the Alaska Railroad, which serves both the south-central Alaska region where the port is located and the entire inland Alaska. The port is served by the Alaska Route 1, Alaska Route 2, Alaska Route, 3 and other Alaska State Routes. Most auto carriers, including A-1 Auto Transport, prefer shipping cars to or from port of Anchorage overland by road.
- Facilities that can handle automobile cargo: Cars are shipped to or from overseas either in containers or in RORO vessels. The port has three terminals that handle general cargo with container shipping and RORO shipping capabilities. It is one of the ports used by car dealerships and manufacturers to import vehicles into Alaska.
- Operates year-round: Alaska is far to the north so ice is a concern at the port. Ice begins forming at the port between October and November. What forms here is pan ice, which does not completely freeze during the winter. The pan ice melts away between the months of March and May. Luckily, the ice does not stop operations at the port.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Who can use the port of Anchorage?
Shipping cars through the port is convenient to residents and car dealers in Alaska looking to ship cars to or from overseas destinations. The port is strategically close to countries famous for vehicle manufacturers such as China, Japan, and South Korea. The port is convenient when shipping cars to or from nations bordering the Pacific Ocean. However, when shipping to Europe, Alaskans might want to consider transporting the car by road to an East Coast port.
A reliable port of Anchorage auto shipper
A-1 Auto Transport is in the business of shipping cars to or from port of Anchorage. We can ship from Alaska to overseas destinations through the port of Anchorage and vice versa. We transport all types of cars, heavy equipment, and water crafts. We provide quality services, a trait we have picked through years of experience and extensive transport industry knowledge.
Get a free quote here or call us today.