With the right Peachtree City transport company, you can have your motorcycle safely delivered. As long as you hire a company you feel you can trust due to their good reviews, delivery should go along smoothly.
Rather than trying to ride your motorcycle to your new home, take alternative transport so you can bring along belongings. Save the miles on your bike for the long scenic routes you're about to enjoy.
How Will Shipping My Motorcycle Benefit Me?
Shipping your motorcycle will allow you to travel by other means in which you can take along property that would not otherwise fit on a bike. It will also save the mileage on your motorcycle for when it arrives at its new home.
During a long motorcycle trip, you might notice that poor weather and road conditions take a toll on the bike, causing minor damage. When you ship a motorcycle, it is much safer. Many companies will even offer insurance during the bike's delivery. This will give you the extra peace of mind needed to know that your motorcycle is in good hands.
The Various Methods of Motorcycle Transport.
There are several methods in which a motorcycle's shipped. The method of transport chosen is entirely up to you. Of course, customer service reps are happy to assist those in need. They can even personalize your transport for you.
Here are your options:
- Enclosed Shipping - Bike's placed in an enclosed container.
- Crated Shipping - For crated shipping, the motorcycle's drained of fluids and the battery's disconnected. The bike's strapped to a wooden pallet. It is then placed inside of a trailer.
- Open Air Shipping - The motorcycle's left exposed to the possibility of poor road and weather conditions. It's placed on an open flatbed trailer.
- Terminal to Terminal - A form of delivery where the motorcycle's dropped of at one terminal and picked up at a terminal in or near its destination. This can be an inconvenience to some, but it is cheaper.
- Door to Door - This is when the company comes to retrieve the bike from you and then drops it off wherever you specify.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.