Shipping services provide the utmost safety for your motorcycle whenever it must be relocated to another place within the nation.
Always hire the most reputable and trustworthy transporter in Oxford to ship the bike if you wish to keep it in top condition. They will provide you with a safe and timely delivery.
You will be held responsible for the preparation of the motorcycle. This ensures the safety of the motorcycle and those delivering it. You must have the list of tasks completed before the day the bike is to be shipped arrives. When all checks out, the motorcycle will be secured to the hauler and its travels will begin.
Preparing the Motorcycle for Transport.
Knowing how imperative the process of preparation is, make sure you fulfill all that is asked of you. Fortunately, it won’t take much of your time and it will decrease many common risk factors transporters face.
- Wash off all dirt and debris. The motorcycle should appear to be in its best possible condition.
- Remove all motorcycle accessories such as saddlebags and other unnecessary items.
- If requested, remove the battery, mirrors and handlebars.
- Top off all fluids except the fuel. The fuel tank should be ¼ or less full.
- Check the tire pressure.
- Take pictures of any visible damages already existing on the bike before its transport. Write them down as well. The transport company may ask for a copy if they do not conduct their own inspection. After the motorcycle has been delivered to its destination, refer to the pictures and notes as you perform your final inspection of the bike.
- Disable the alarm system if one exists.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.