- The Value Of Experience
- What Affects The Cost Of Overseas Vehicle Transport?
- Overseas Auto Shipping Resources
The Value Of Experience
Shipping a car to another country is a big undertaking and it can be very costly if you don’t fully understand all the guidelines, requirements and regulations involved. The last thing you want to deal with when transporting a vehicle to another country are unnecessary delays or hold ups, especially if it means additional costs. This is precisely why experience counts when you’re looking for a company to ship your car internationally.
For more than 25 years we’ve moved vehicles overseas for a wide range of clients and events: military, travelers, international vacations, car & motorcycle shows, collectors, businesses & organizations, auto dealers, antique car owners, luxury & exotic car owners, racing events and more. Here are the two primary methods of shipping a car to another country:
RoRo Car Transport - RORO, or roll-on, roll-off car shipping is the most common way to transport a car to another country. The vehicle is driven onto a ship that is specially designed to safely secure them for the voyage to the destination port, either for direct pick up or to be delivered to their final destination by Overland auto shipping. Most cars that are shipped using the RoRo method must be in running condition, though special arrangements can be made for classic, antique or inoperable cars.
Container Shipping - Container transport can sometimes be a more cost effective way to have a car shipped by boat, particularly if you need to have personal items or household goods shipped as well. If you’re shipping multiple vehicles overseas, containerized transport can also be a great way to save money by transporting more than one vehicle in a single container.
To inquire about air freight options or for general questions, call us at the number at the top of the page! Get a FREE overseas auto shipping estimate in minutes by using the online form to the right! No obligation required!
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
What Affects The Cost Of Overseas Vehicle Transport?
- Shipping distance - Like standard auto shipping, distance is one of the primary cost factors in transporting a car overseas. For example, having a car shipped from the U.S. to a country in Central or South America will generally be cheaper than having a car shipped to Australia.
- Overland shipping - You can save money by arranging for pick up of your vehicle at the shipping port or you can have it delivered from the port to a specific location for an additional fee.
- Import taxes - Taxes can add a lot to the cost of importing a vehicle to another country so it’s important that an auto shipper is familiar with the value added tax that applies in different countries. In some cases, the value added tax can be more than 20% of the value of the vehicle an important fact to know before you make shipping arrangements!
- Storage - The cost of storage is minimal when shipping a car internationally, but it is dependent on how long you need it stored. This cost of storage varies from country to country, but our international partners offer excellent storage facilities at highly discounted prices for clients that use our services for country to country auto transport.
Have questions you need to be answered by an overseas car shipping expert? Call us today or use the FREE price quote tool to get an international car transport estimate sent directly to your inbox! All price quotes are given in real time by a Certified overseas car shipping agent!
Overseas Auto Shipping Resources
Driving Guides By Country - A country by country guide to driving from the Automobile Association, a British resource that provides a list of basic information about licensing and driving in European countries.
Tariff & Tax Information By Country - From Export.gov a list of specific duties and tariffs for each country, as well as links to resources for further information and customs offices.