Overland Park, Kansas is a beautiful city with over 1,800 acres of park land to be explored. As the second most populated city in Kansas, it is a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri. Overland Park is a great place for motorcyclists. There are many great routes to take throughout the city.
Transporting a motorcycle to Kansas is simple if you take the time to research the companies in the Overland Park area. You can find a dependable transport company by reading the reviews and ratings of companies online. This will help you to feel at ease when your motorcycle is in the process of being shipped.
Forms of Transport for Motorcycles.
There are many different forms of transport when it comes to motorcycles. The key is keeping your budget in mind and choosing a shipping method that you feel comfortable with. Below, you will find a list of shipping methods often offered by local transport companies.
- Enclosed Shipping: A safe method which requires the motorcycle to be shipped within an enclosed container.
- Open Air Shipping: A cheaper form of shipment that leaves the bike open to the possibility of damage if the weather or road conditions aren't favorable. The motorcycle is shipped on an open flatbed.
- Crated Shipping: This method takes a bit more preparation. However, it is a safe method that requires the bike to be drained of fluids and the battery to be disconnected. It will then be strapped to a pallet and placed inside an enclosed container.
- Terminal to Terminal: This shipping service requires that the motorcycle be dropped off at a terminal for shipping to occur. The motorcycle must then be picked up from another terminal in Overland Park.
- Door to Door: The company comes to pick the bike up from wherever it is at and then drops it off anywhere in Overland Park that you need it.
Transport Companies in Overland Park, KS.
Shawnee Mission Auto Transport
101 5410 W. 61st Pl.
Auto Driveaway- Kansas City
7930 State Line Rd. #203.
Prairie Village, KS 66208.
Mission Woods Auto Transport
300 2000 Shawnee Mission Pkwy.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.