Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Nome, Alaska
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Nome Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
The aptly named Nome is a smaller town on the Seward Peninsula of this northernmost state. It is off of the tumultuous Bering Sea and has just under 4,000 people that call this place home. It was only incorporated in 1901 and was, at one time, the most populated city in the state of Alaska.
The town lays claim to the world’s largest gold pan, though this has never been an official designation and is disputed by a town in Canada. The town has its own airport with two runways for easier access to the region, as well as a seaport that is utilized daily by freighters and cruise lines looking to tour the area.
This area is not for the faint of heart, as the town is surrounded by a great deal of backcountry and the Bering Sea waters are among the roughest in the world. The recreational opportunities here are for the hearty that are accustomed to being outdoors in Alaska’s often unpredictable conditions. The local roads in Nome all lead to a river of some sort, be it the Teller River, the Council River or the Kougarok River. However, it should be noted that most people don’t use the road systems during the winter months.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Using Nome Vehicle Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Nome car transport services, keep a few key tips in mind:
- Find the nearest auto transport depot: Perhaps your car cannot be delivered to you at your home for various reasons. Find the depot nearest to you to ensure that you can get to your car in a timely fashion.
- Confirm your address ahead of transport: The last thing you want is for the shipping company to deliver your vehicle to the wrong place. Avoid such a mishap by confirming your address with the shipping company ahead of time and looking it over on all associated paperwork to ensure it is correct on all forms and contracts.
- Make sure your vehicle has the proper clearance: In most instances, your vehicle must have at least four inches of ground clearance in order to properly load and unload your vehicle. If your vehicle is lower than those specifications, then work with your shipping company in order to ensure that your vehicle can be properly loaded and unloaded upon transport.
For more information on this Arctic locale, visit the City of Nome website.
Other Nome Resources
Nome Wikipedia Page – everything you need to know about the city of Nome.
University Of Alaska Fairbanks– There are places in this world where you are destined to discover who you truly are. Here at UAF, as wisdom passes from one generation to the next, revolutionary ideas are thriving and a new academic culture is taking shape. Smarter questions. Better answers.
Nome includes ZIP codes: