There are a few different options available for anyone looking to transport their motorcycle to another state. The most efficient way to transport a motorcycle is to use a professional service that can get the job done for a low cost. Of course, the Mount Pleasant transport company should maintain a positive reputation with past clients. This type of information can be found online. Read over the reviews left by previous customers and check out the companies’ websites to assure their legitimacy.
When people attempt to transport a motorcycle without the help of an expert they create more of a hassle for themselves. Many things can damage a motorcycle on the highway that can often be unavoidable. Rather that have to pay for expensive damages or add on spare mileage, a moving service can get the motorcycle to its destination for a reasonable cost.
Ways to Transport a Motorcycle.
- Enclosed Transport - This method is considered to be the safest way to transport a motorcycle.
- Open Air Transport - This is a safe and reliable means of transportation for the customer who doesn't mind their bike being slightly exposed to driving conditions and the elements.
- Door to Door Transport - The motorcycle is picked up at a specific location and delivered directly to the next location.
- Terminal to Terminal Transport - This method is not the most convenient for the fact that if the customer doesn't live close to the depot where the bike has been delivered, some traveling may be involved.
- Crated Transport - This method may require some extra preparation. Depending on the bike, the customer may have to remove handlebars and mirrors, drain the fluids and disconnect the battery.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.