After you take the time to consider all your shipping options, you will realize just how beneficial they can be. The safest way to ship a bike is through a dependable Mission transporter that specializes in motorcycle deliveries.
They have the appropriate gear and shipping materials to deliver your motorcycle near or far without any worries.
The Variety of Motorcycle Shipping Services.
A bike’s shipping methods vary and are dependent on the transport company that you choose to go with. Some are safer methods than others, but that might make them a bit more costly. Never be afraid to buy any services that you feel will benefit the transport. It helps that most transport companies offer insurance coverage free of charge as part of their shipping services.
- Open Air Shipping - a method that exposes the motorcycle to all road and weather conditions which might not be such a good thing. However, it is a cheaper method and if the weather is in your favor than this could be a good way to transport the bike.
- Enclosed Shipping - the motorcycle will be placed within an enclosed trailer.
- Crated Shipping - the motorcycle is drained of all fluids and strapped down to a wooden pallet. The battery must be disconnected and the bike will be put into a trailer. This is the safest shipping method.
- Terminal to Terminal - the motorcycle will need to be dropped off at a terminal for shipment. It is then taken to another terminal nearby its new home, where you will have to pick it up.
- Door to Door - the company will come to where the bike is to pick it up. It will then be taken to wherever you need it delivered.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.