The need for motorcycle shipping is more demanding than some may assume. People all over the world take advantage of motorcycle shipping. Dealerships and manufacturers happen to be some of the most frequent users of such services.
When you transport a vehicle through professionals, it will be properly handled and cared for. The risk of the motorcycle being harmed is highly unlikely and the transport company’s insurance coverage will assure their shipping services.
There are a good amount of reliable transport companies throughout Lexington. These companies may be familiar with motorcycle transport specifically. It is always wise to make sure that the companies have dealt with motorcycle transport. Most of them will offer motorcycle shipping services if they are experienced in such transport.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Shipping Method Should I Choose?
A lot of people find it difficult to select a shipping service designed for motorcycle transport. It is best to be familiar with each service before you select how your motorcycle will be transported. There are three main forms of motorcycle shipping. These methods include open air, enclosed and crated transport.
- Open air transport is the least expensive shipping method. The motorcycle is secured to a flatbed trailer and transported. Although the bike is left open to the possibility of poor weather and other potentially hazardous elements, it is rare that the vehicle is ever harmed. Insurance carried by the transport company provides extra protection.
- Enclosed transport provides a more secure shipping process. The bike will be secured to a pallet and placed within a large shipping container. This keeps it safe from outside hazards. It also provides protection from criminal activity.
- Crated transport provides the highest level of protection. The motorcycle is secured within a small crate. The crate is so small that the transporters may ask you to remove the handlebars. The bike will be snug within the crate which is then placed within a larger shipping container.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory