Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Kentucky
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Kentucky Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
People headed to Kentucky for any reason are always delighted when they get a glimpse of the infamous Blue Ridge Mountains that line the state. The peaks and valleys associated with the Blue Ridge Mountain range – as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway that runs in, alongside and throughout these mountains – is a natural sight to behold. In fact, it is almost a prerequisite to have your vehicle, so that you can truly enjoy the offerings of the Bluegrass State. From the inner Bluegrass regions boasting horse farms as far as the eye can see to Black Mountain, which is the highest point in the state, and beyond, there is plenty to experience in this mountainous state.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Ironville to Louisville||$188||188 miles||1 – 2 days|
|Lexington-Fayette to Nashville||$215||215 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Chicago to Lexington-Fayette||$374||374 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Louisville to New Orleans||$530||707 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Florida to Kentucky||$646||861 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Kentucky to Colorado||$763||1271 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Phoenix to Kentucky||$1090||1817 miles||5 – 7 days|
|Kentucky to Las Vegas||$1172||1953 miles||5 – 7 days|
|California to Kentucky||$1154||2308 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Kentucky to Seattle||$1212||2424 miles||7 – 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Tips For Using Kentucky Car Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Kentucky auto shipping services, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Plan for the type of travel you want to do around Kentucky: The purpose of Kentucky auto transport is to ensure that you have a vehicle to see the sights found throughout the Bluegrass State. However, depending on what you’ve got planned, you still may need to match your vehicle with your activity. For instance, you can’t drive your sedan through the rocky terrain at the bottom of a mountain and risk getting stuck; for those purposes, you may need to rent a vehicle capable of handling whatever activities you’ve got in mind.
- Look at a map and pinpoint points of interest along the way: There is so much to see when tooling around in your car throughout the state of Kentucky, so if you don’t plan it out ahead of time, you may miss some of the most interesting aspects of the state. Look at a map and make a list of points that you want to be sure to visit before you embark on your adventure.
- Find the nearest pick-up or drop-off depot: Kentucky is full of smaller towns and unincorporated areas. Depending on where you are planning to move or visit, you may need to do some pre-planning before embarking on your journey to ensure that the place in which you need to drop off your vehicle for transport or pick it up is within a decent distance from your specific location.
There is plenty to see and do in Kentucky. Having your vehicle is just the first step to having the mobility to fully experience the state. Visit the Kentucky Department of Transportation website for more information on Kentucky and the beautiful natural scenery in which it can offer those visiting or relocating to the state.
Visit the Kentucky Department of Transportation website for more information on shipping your automobile to Kentucky.
Services And Information
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Kentucky Auto Transport Companies Directory
DMB Transport has a reputation in Louisville and around Kentucky in general for moving cars with speed and efficiency, all while delivering on solid customer service principles. From motorcycles to sedans, SUVs, vans, boats and more, DMB transport can get your vehicle in or out of Kentucky safely with their open and enclosed trailers at an affordable price rate. Licensed, bonded and insured nationwide shippers. Book your car delivery shipment online today.
4606 Shepherdsville Rd Louisville, KY 40218
This company prides itself on offering Kentucky auto transport 24 hours a day, seven days a week, no matter what the need. From individuals in need of transport to large dealers or organizations that need mass transport, Scott’s is a Kentucky-based company that can serve your vehicles transport needs with their fleet of auto transport carriers.
108 W Maxwell StStanford, KY 40484
Edge Transportation & Logistics
No matter what the vehicle type you need to be moved or where you need it to be moved withing the United States, Edge Transportation trucking company can get it done. Based in Burlington and serving the entire Kentucky and southern Ohio region, this company is both affordable and offers a solid offering of Kentucky car transport options. Customers reviews are usually positive, see their BBB accredited ratings.
1589 Production Dr.Burlington, KY 41005
Vehicle Registration in Kentucky
To drive legally on the roadways of Kentucky, you have to properly register your vehicle at the Transportation Office. All new vehicles or property of new residents must be registered at the office of the county clerk. Owners of vehicles that are already registered have to keep their registration current and apply for renewal in due time.
Owning a car insurance policy from a Kentucky approved company is mandatory to register a vehicle. The insurance policy must be maintained with proper coverage for the life of the vehicle.
Car Registration Process for New Kentucky Residents
New residents have a grace period to register their vehicles at the office of the county clerk of 15 days since their installment, by submitting the following documents:
- A vehicle inspection certificate approved by the county sheriff;
- A fully completed form of registration;
- The original car title from the state of origin;
- The current registration certificate;
- Proof of car insurance valid in the state of Kentucky;
- A picture ID or driver’s license;
- Receipt of payment for taxes from previous state;
- Proof of payment for the taxes and fees of registration in the state of Kentucky.
How to Register a Leased Vehicle in Kentucky?
If you just moved to Kentucky and you own a leased car, you must submit the following documents to the office of the county clerk:
- A VIN certificate validated by the sheriff of the new county;
- A document from the company that holds the lease stating you are allowed to get the vehicle registered;
- The contact details of the company that holds the lease, because the clerk’s office will have to obtain the car’s title information;
- A fully completed standardized form of registration;
- A car insurance policy valid in the state of Kentucky;
- A document with the leasing company’s letterhead stating the sales tax was paid;
- A picture ID or driver’s license;
- Proof of payment for all Kentucky taxes and registration fees.
When you purchase a vehicle, you can apply for a title and registration in the state of Kentucky simultaneously. Depending on the title type the car has and the provenience of the vehicle, you may have to follow a different process for registration.
Registration of Vehicles Purchased from Car Dealerships
If you purchased your car from a dealership, you have to submit the following documents at the office of the county’s clerk:
- An origin certificate on your name from the car manufacturer;
- A document of inspection certified by the county sheriff;
- A fully completed application form;
- An identification card with a picture;
- A valid Kentucky car insurance policy;
- The social security numbers for the owners stated on the car’s title;
- The lien statement, if the car has a lien;
- The proof of payment for all taxes and fees of registration demanded by the state of Kentucky.
Registration of Vehicles Bought from a Private Individual
If you purchased a car that is titled in the state of Kentucky already, you have to submit to the office of the county clerk the following documents:
- The title of the vehicle;
- The proof of a Kentucky car insurance policy;
- Your social security number;
- The proof of payment for Kentucky taxes and fees of registration.
Registration of a Foreign Car in the State of Kentucky
You are able to register in the state of Kentucky vehicles from foreign countries if you have the mandatory forms from the United States Customs filled. Kentucky mainly registers vehicles from Germany, Canada, and Switzerland – each car coming with a valid registration document from the county of origin.
You may register vehicles from other countries as well, but be wary to consult the office in order to learn what documentation is necessary. Remember to have all papers translated into English.
Kentucky Car Registration for Military Members
The process of registration differs for military members, whether they are residents of another state or Kentucky residents.
Out-of-state military members: If you claim to be from another state, but you are stationed in Kentucky – you are not obliged to get your car registered. However, if you do wish to get your car registered in Kentucky, you have to undergo the usual registration process.
Kentucky residents stationed in the same state: Military members that are Kentucky residents must submit themselves to the same car registration process as the civilians.
Residents of Kentucky stationed in other states: If you’re a Kentucky resident and you serve in the military in another state, you can keep registering your vehicles in the state of Kentucky. To do so, you have to submit these documents to the clerk’s office:
- A fully completed registration application;
- The title of the vehicle;
- Proof of car insurance valid in the state of Kentucky;
- Documentation of a car inspection;
- Documentation proving your active duty status;
- Your military orders stating your permanent station, and any other legal document the clerk’s office might ask for.
Registration of Cars Bought from Overseas
Military members considering taking a vehicle from overseas and bringing it to Kentucky will have to register the car during a grace period of 30 days after their return by submitting the following paperwork:
- A completed application form;
- The certificate of origin, the foreign car title, and the foreign registration;
- A vehicle inspection document;
- A Kentucky car insurance policy;
- Proof of payment for all taxes and registrations fees.
Fees for a Vehicle Registration in Kentucky
To register your vehicle in the state of Kentucky, you will have to pay a series of fees, such as: title fee or a fee for a title lien statement, a transfer fee, an annual vehicle registration fee, a vehicle inspection, a notary fee, and a usage tax. Depending on the status of your vehicle, of your residency, and county of provenience, the total fees and taxes as well as their value might differ.
Contact your county clerk to find out what taxes you will have to pay to have your vehicle registered in Kentucky.
How to Register in Kentucky a Custom-built Car?
Before you can register a custom-built car in the state of Kentucky, you have to obtain a VIN by submitting these documents to the DMV office in your local area:
- Invoices and receipts for any labor and for all parts purchased;
- Title certificates for all major parts that were taken from older cars;
- A notarized document that states what processes the car has been through;
- A fully completed application form for a VIN.
After receiving the VIN, you will have to submit the car for an inspection at the office of the sheriff. Next, you will receive a notice of approval. You will submit it to the office of the county clerk who will send you the title certificate. You will then be able to use the title of the car to apply for registration within the state of Kentucky.
Car inspection in Kentucky: Before having a vehicle registered for the first time, you are mandated to apply for a VIN inspection. However, you are not obliged by the state of Kentucky to get emissions or safety inspections.
How to Receive a Duplicate of Your Car Registration in Kentucky
Giving that it is mandatory to keep your registration documents in your car at all times, you will have to apply for a duplicate if your former form is destroyed, lost, or damaged.
You can request a registration duplicate by submitting the following paperwork:
- A form for replacement notarized and signed;
- Picture identification document or driver’s license;
- Proof of a Kentucky car insurance policy;
- Proof of payment for the duplicate fee/
License Plates for Kentucky Registered Vehicles
When you transfer a title from outside of the state or you buy a new car, you receive new license plates. Kentucky state license plates aren’t changed from the car once it is sold to someone else or bought from another person.
Please note that specialty plates or personalized plates are available to anyone for an extra fee.
Other Kentucky Resources
Kentucky.gov – official government website for the state of Kentucky.
Kentucky Wikipedia Page – everything you need to know about the state of Kentucky.
University Of Kentucky – The University of Kentucky is a public, land grant university dedicated to improving people’s lives through excellence in education, research and creative work, service, and healthcare. As Kentucky’s flagship institution, the University plays a critical leadership role by promoting diversity, inclusion, economic development, and human well-being.
Kentucky On Craigslist – local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.
Reviews from Customers in Kentucky
I am super happy with my choice of A1 Auto Shipping. The other company I worked with was super difficult, though it did teach me a bit about the industry. Some brokers underbid by a lot, so they’ll get your contract, even if there are no carriers who will ever want to take on a job at such a price. Because of this, after signing the contract, they may leave you hanging endlessly.
I had to get my car to Kentucky and had no time for pointless waiting. The other company asked me to pay $800 upfront. I didn’t know at the time this wasn’t standard practice. By paying upfront, I basically had no choice but to wait on them till a truck finally offered to take my car.
A1 Auto Transport, for example, only asks for a deposit amounting to a fraction of the total cost when picking up your vehicle. You only pay the full sum after the job is done.
The broker, whose name I won’t mention, was supposed to get a truck to my doorstep on the 5th of September. I put my order in 10 days prior, so there was plenty of time to find one.
When I called them, they told me the 5th was actually the earliest estimate, and the actual pickup date could be quite long time away. After “accidentally” charging another $700 for my transportation, I was in tears. I had to move in less than a week, and I couldn’t afford to leave my car behind.
So, I gave up on those guys and opted for A1 Auto Transport. I spoke with Joe and he got my car on a truck the following day. I am so grateful!
The arrival time was estimated at 6-8 days, and it got to Kentucky on the 7th. This saved me a ton of money I would have had to spend on transport to search for an apartment.
Joe called a day earlier to let me know of the time and place it would arrive. I asked if it could be delivered to another nearby location, and he was nice enough to do it. He was very helpful and straight forward. Thank you!- Dylan M.
My family planned to spend our yearly vacation in our home town of Kentucky. I searched online and looked for a company which I could trust.
I heard positive feedback from previous customers of A1 Auto Transport. And to my surprise, my son also used their services and told me to take his word. I trusted his advice, and it was the best decision I’ve made in a while.
I do not usually listen to my son, but starting today, I will pay more attention to his recommendations. A1 Auto Transport made started our family vacation with a cheer. So far, this is the best auto transport experience.- Megan P.
Auto Transport Services in Kentucky
- Adair County
- Allen County
- Anderson County
- Ballard County
- Barren County
- Bath County
- Bell County
- Boone County
- Bourbon County
- Bowling Green
- Boyd County
- Boyle County
- Bracken County
- Breathitt County
- Breckinridge County
- Bullitt County
- Butler County
- Caldwell County
- Calloway County
- Campbell County
- Carroll County
- Carter County
- Casey County
- Christian County
- Clark County
- Clay County
- Clinton County
- Crittenden County
- Daviess County
- Edmonson County
- Estill County
- Fayette County
- Fleming County
- Floyd County
- Franklin County
- Garrard County
- Grant County
- Graves County
- Grayson County
- Green County
- Greenup County
- Hardin County
- Harlan County
- Harrison County
- Hart County
- Henderson County
- Henry County
- Hopkins County
- Jackson County
- Jefferson County
- Jessamine County
- Johnson County
- Kenton County
- Knott County
- Knox County
- LaRue County
- Laurel County
- Lawrence County
- Leslie County
- Letcher County
- Lewis County
- Lincoln County
- Livingston County
- Logan County
- Madison County
- Magoffin County
- Marion County
- Marshall County
- Martin County
- Mason County
- McCracken County
- McCreary County
- McLean County
- Meade County
- Mercer County
- Metcalfe County
- Monroe County
- Montgomery County
- Morgan County
- Muhlenberg County
- Nelson County
- Ohio County
- Oldham County
- Owen County
- Pendleton County
- Perry County
- Pike County
- Port Of Elvis Stahr Harbor
- Port Of Louisville
- Powell County
- Pulaski County
- Rockcastle County
- Rowan County
- Russell County
- Scott County
- Shelby County
- Simpson County
- Spencer County
- Taylor County
- Todd County
- Trigg County
- Union County
- Warren County
- Washington County
- Wayne County
- Webster County
- Whitley County
- Woodford County