Safe And Reliable Kentucky Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
People headed to Kentucky for any reason are always delighted when they get a glimpse of the infamous Blue Ridge Mountains that line the state. The peaks and valleys associated with the Blue Ridge Mountain range – as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway that runs in, alongside and throughout these mountains – is a natural sight to behold. In fact, it is almost a prerequisite to have your vehicle, so that you can truly enjoy the offerings of the Bluegrass State.
From the inner Bluegrass regions boasting horse farms as far as the eye can see to Black Mountain, which is the highest point in the state, and beyond, there is plenty to experience in this mountainous state.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Ironville to Louisville||$188||188 miles||1 - 2 days|
|Lexington-Fayette to Nashville||$215||215 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Chicago to Lexington-Fayette||$374||374 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Louisville to New Orleans||$530||707 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Florida to Kentucky||$646||861 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Kentucky to Colorado||$763||1271 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Phoenix to Kentucky||$1090||1817 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Kentucky to Las Vegas||$1172||1953 miles||5 - 7 days|
|California to Kentucky||$1154||2308 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Kentucky to Seattle||$1212||2424 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car Shipping Companies Near Me
Looking for auto transport companies near you in Kentucky? Life circumstances change every day, such as job relocation, military base change, or adjusting the lens for a new view. Part of these changes may require you get a vehicle to your new destination. No matter if it’s a classic car, a motorcycle, a business truck or the like, we can help. We have industry leaders working all over the U.S. to help our customers move their cars with confidence. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare brokerages and carriers with trucks in your area right now.
Tips For Using Kentucky Car Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Kentucky auto shipping services, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Plan for the type of travel you want to do around Kentucky: The purpose of Kentucky auto transport is to ensure that you have a vehicle to see the sights found throughout the Bluegrass State. However, depending on what you’ve got planned, you still may need to match your vehicle with your activity. For instance, you can’t drive your sedan through the rocky terrain at the bottom of a mountain and risk getting stuck; for those purposes, you may need to rent a vehicle capable of handling whatever activities you’ve got in mind.
- Look at a map and pinpoint points of interest along the way: There is so much to see when tooling around in your car throughout the state of Kentucky, so if you don’t plan it out ahead of time, you may miss some of the most interesting aspects of the state. Look at a map and make a list of points that you want to be sure to visit before you embark on your adventure.
- Find the nearest pick-up or drop-off depot: Kentucky is full of smaller towns and unincorporated areas. Depending on where you are planning to move or visit, you may need to do some pre-planning before embarking on your journey to ensure that the place in which you need to drop off your vehicle for transport or pick it up is within a decent distance from your specific location.
There is plenty to see and do in Kentucky. Having your vehicle is just the first step to having the mobility to fully experience the state. Visit the Kentucky Department of Transportation website for more information on Kentucky and the beautiful natural scenery in which it can offer those visiting or relocating to the state.
Visit the Kentucky Department of Transportation website for more information on shipping your automobile to Kentucky.
Long Distance Auto Transport to/from Kentucky
There are several ways to ship a car over long distances, including driving it yourself or hiring someone to drive it to its destination. However, both options are very time wasteful, and more importantly, they can be very expensive.
Fuel, hotels, and meal costs add up to an uncomfortable sum. But, with an open carrier, they become much more manageable. Because our carriers transport up to 12 cars at a time, we can afford to lower costs, even reducing the price to below $500 depending on the case.
If you wish, you may calculate the approximate cost of driving the car yourself, then call us and compare. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.
International Auto Transport from/to Kentucky
There are a multitude of situations that can arise when going through customs if you’re not an experienced shipper. You may be lacking the necessary paperwork or your cargo’s release may be delayed.
You can avoid these problems and many others by hiring an auto transport company with experience in this field. Our staff knows exactly what paperwork you need to present at the border and will instruct you appropriately. Once you sign a contract with us, all matters regarding the shipment become our concern, so you can focus on more important tasks.
Cheap Car Transportation Options in Kentucky
You may be thinking of using our discounts or seasonal offerings to reduce your transportation costs, but there are other ways to do it as well.
All our shipments are done with either open or enclosed carriers. Enclosed carriers offer more protection against the elements, and because of their low carrying capacity, they arrive faster at their destination. However, because of this, they are also more expensive to book and are used generally for high end deliveries. For a more economic auto transportation service, you may want to use an open carrier.
We also recommend taking advantage of our terminal system to cut costs further. They are placed throughout the US, so there’s probably one near you. Because picking/delivering cars in a central location reduces the company’s expenditures, the cost for this service is also lower.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Kentucky
Are you planning to ship vintage or luxury automobiles to Kentucky? There are two major transport methods to choose from: open and enclosed auto carriers. Open carriers are less expensive and an efficient way of moving several vehicles at once. On the other hand, an enclosed transport moves cars in a covered trailer and gives additional protection against weather elements such as rain, sun, snow, and the like.
Although easier to book due to its high demand, open auto trailers carrying multiple vehicles need to drop off other vehicles to other locations. If you’re shipping classic or exotic cars to Kentucky, you probably want them to arrive on schedule. It might be more costly, but since the cars are not exposed and carried only in ones or two’s, they arrive much faster. There is also a lower risk of theft and minor car damage.
Kentucky Special Discounts
If you’re part of the military and would like to transport a POV, you can benefit from one of our special discounts to cut down on costs. We’ve also prepared discounts for students and seniors who need our services. Depending on the season, there may even be seasonal discounts you can use to ship your car even cheaper.
Auto Transport Safety Measures in Kentucky
The only way for an auto transport company to stay in business is to consistently deliver vehicles without damaging them. Because of this, safety is our top concern at A1 Auto Transport.
Fortunately, when using modern carriers and following safe routes, there’s not much that can happen to the cargo. At most, one of the cars might get a scratch from bad weather or from some debris flying towards it during transport. However, even in such cases, you can request compensation, since your car is ensured during transport.
Services And Information
How to Request a Price Estimate
Our phone line is open 24/7 for any customer who needs a price estimate or anything else. The number is listed at the top of every page.
Besides this, we have an online form prepared for the same purpose. Simply add in your details and click on “Calculate Cost.” You will be redirected to a second page in which a few more details will be required. Complete the fields and click on “Get Quote” to receive an estimate.
Kentucky Auto Transport Companies Directory
DMB Transport has a reputation in Louisville and around Kentucky in general for moving cars with speed and efficiency, all while delivering on solid customer service principles. From motorcycles to sedans, SUVs, vans, boats and more, DMB transport can get your vehicle in or out of Kentucky safely with their open and enclosed trailers at an affordable price rate. Licensed, bonded and insured nationwide shippers. Book your car delivery shipment online today.
4606 Shepherdsville Rd Louisville, KY 40218
This company prides itself on offering Kentucky auto transport 24 hours a day, seven days a week, no matter what the need. From individuals in need of transport to large dealers or organizations that need mass transport, Scott’s is a Kentucky-based company that can serve your vehicles transport needs with their fleet of auto transport carriers.
108 W Maxwell StStanford, KY 40484
Edge Transportation & Logistics
No matter what the vehicle type you need to be moved or where you need it to be moved withing the United States, Edge Transportation trucking company can get it done. Based in Burlington and serving the entire Kentucky and southern Ohio region, this company is both affordable and offers a solid offering of Kentucky car transport options. Customers reviews are usually positive, see their BBB accredited ratings.
1589 Production Dr.Burlington, KY 41005
Vehicle Registration in Kentucky
To drive legally on the roadways of Kentucky, you have to properly register your vehicle at the Transportation Office. All new vehicles or property of new residents must be registered at the office of the county clerk. Owners of vehicles that are already registered have to keep their registration current and apply for renewal in due time.
Owning a car insurance policy from a Kentucky approved company is mandatory to register a vehicle. The insurance policy must be maintained with proper coverage for the life of the vehicle.
Car Registration Process for New Kentucky Residents
New residents have a grace period to register their vehicles at the office of the county clerk of 15 days since their installment, by submitting the following documents:
- A vehicle inspection certificate approved by the county sheriff;
- A fully completed form of registration;
- The original car title from the state of origin;
- The current registration certificate;
- Proof of car insurance valid in the state of Kentucky;
- A picture ID or driver’s license;
- Receipt of payment for taxes from previous state;
- Proof of payment for the taxes and fees of registration in the state of Kentucky.
How to Register a Leased Vehicle in Kentucky?
If you just moved to Kentucky and you own a leased car, you must submit the following documents to the office of the county clerk:
- A VIN certificate validated by the sheriff of the new county;
- A document from the company that holds the lease stating you are allowed to get the vehicle registered;
- The contact details of the company that holds the lease, because the clerk’s office will have to obtain the car’s title information;
- A fully completed standardized form of registration;
- A car insurance policy valid in the state of Kentucky;
- A document with the leasing company’s letterhead stating the sales tax was paid;
- A picture ID or driver’s license;
- Proof of payment for all Kentucky taxes and registration fees.
When you purchase a vehicle, you can apply for a title and registration in the state of Kentucky simultaneously. Depending on the title type the car has and the provenience of the vehicle, you may have to follow a different process for registration.
Registration of Vehicles Purchased from Car Dealerships
If you purchased your car from a dealership, you have to submit the following documents at the office of the county’s clerk:
- An origin certificate on your name from the car manufacturer;
- A document of inspection certified by the county sheriff;
- A fully completed application form;
- An identification card with a picture;
- A valid Kentucky car insurance policy;
- The social security numbers for the owners stated on the car’s title;
- The lien statement, if the car has a lien;
- The proof of payment for all taxes and fees of registration demanded by the state of Kentucky.
Registration of Vehicles Bought from a Private Individual
If you purchased a car that is titled in the state of Kentucky already, you have to submit to the office of the county clerk the following documents:
- The title of the vehicle;
- The proof of a Kentucky car insurance policy;
- Your social security number;
- The proof of payment for Kentucky taxes and fees of registration.
Registration of a Foreign Car in the State of Kentucky
You are able to register in the state of Kentucky vehicles from foreign countries if you have the mandatory forms from the United States Customs filled. Kentucky mainly registers vehicles from Germany, Canada, and Switzerland – each car coming with a valid registration document from the county of origin.
You may register vehicles from other countries as well, but be wary to consult the office in order to learn what documentation is necessary. Remember to have all papers translated into English.
Kentucky Car Registration for Military Members
The process of registration differs for military members, whether they are residents of another state or Kentucky residents.
Out-of-state military members: If you claim to be from another state, but you are stationed in Kentucky – you are not obliged to get your car registered. However, if you do wish to get your car registered in Kentucky, you have to undergo the usual registration process.
Kentucky residents stationed in the same state: Military members that are Kentucky residents must submit themselves to the same car registration process as the civilians.
Residents of Kentucky stationed in other states: If you’re a Kentucky resident and you serve in the military in another state, you can keep registering your vehicles in the state of Kentucky. To do so, you have to submit these documents to the clerk’s office:
- A fully completed registration application;
- The title of the vehicle;
- Proof of car insurance valid in the state of Kentucky;
- Documentation of a car inspection;
- Documentation proving your active duty status;
- Your military orders stating your permanent station, and any other legal document the clerk’s office might ask for.
Registration of Cars Bought from Overseas
Military members considering taking a vehicle from overseas and bringing it to Kentucky will have to register the car during a grace period of 30 days after their return by submitting the following paperwork:
- A completed application form;
- The certificate of origin, the foreign car title, and the foreign registration;
- A vehicle inspection document;
- A Kentucky car insurance policy;
- Proof of payment for all taxes and registrations fees.
Fees for a Vehicle Registration in Kentucky
To register your vehicle in the state of Kentucky, you will have to pay a series of fees, such as: title fee or a fee for a title lien statement, a transfer fee, an annual vehicle registration fee, a vehicle inspection, a notary fee, and a usage tax. Depending on the status of your vehicle, of your residency, and county of provenience, the total fees and taxes as well as their value might differ.
Contact your county clerk to find out what taxes you will have to pay to have your vehicle registered in Kentucky.
How to Register in Kentucky a Custom-built Car?
Before you can register a custom-built car in the state of Kentucky, you have to obtain a VIN by submitting these documents to the DMV office in your local area:
- Invoices and receipts for any labor and for all parts purchased;
- Title certificates for all major parts that were taken from older cars;
- A notarized document that states what processes the car has been through;
- A fully completed application form for a VIN.
After receiving the VIN, you will have to submit the car for an inspection at the office of the sheriff. Next, you will receive a notice of approval. You will submit it to the office of the county clerk who will send you the title certificate. You will then be able to use the title of the car to apply for registration within the state of Kentucky.
Car inspection in Kentucky: Before having a vehicle registered for the first time, you are mandated to apply for a VIN inspection. However, you are not obliged by the state of Kentucky to get emissions or safety inspections.
How to Receive a Duplicate of Your Car Registration in Kentucky
Giving that it is mandatory to keep your registration documents in your car at all times, you will have to apply for a duplicate if your former form is destroyed, lost, or damaged.
You can request a registration duplicate by submitting the following paperwork:
- A form for replacement notarized and signed;
- Picture identification document or driver’s license;
- Proof of a Kentucky car insurance policy;
- Proof of payment for the duplicate fee
License Plates for Kentucky Registered Vehicles
When you transfer a title from outside of the state or you buy a new car, you receive new license plates. Kentucky state license plates aren’t changed from the car once it is sold to someone else or bought from another person.
Please note that specialty plates or personalized plates are available to anyone for an extra fee.
Other Kentucky Resources
Kentucky.gov - official government website for the state of Kentucky.
Kentucky Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the state of Kentucky.
University Of Kentucky - The University of Kentucky is a public, land grant university dedicated to improving people's lives through excellence in education, research and creative work, service, and healthcare. As Kentucky's flagship institution, the University plays a critical leadership role by promoting diversity, inclusion, economic development, and human well-being.
Kentucky On Craigslist - local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org