For whatever reason, you have come across the need for motorcycle transport services. As a motorcycle owner, the security of your bike means everything to you. Find a Kenai transport company you feel safe hiring for your motorcycle’s shipping process. As you search the Internet, look for specific facets and traits the transport company should possess.
Characteristics of a Professional Transport Company.
- Positive reviews, ratings and testimonials.
- A variety of services and options offered.
- They carry insurance coverage to protect the customers’ vehicles during the time the vehicles are in their care.
- A proven history within the industry.
- Durable, dependable haulers and equipment.
- Their customer service staff is friendly, professional and perceptive to what the company has to offer each individual in need of motorcycle shipping.
- The company will have the customary certificates and licenses to prove their legitimacy.
- The drivers of the haulers and enclosed trailers are highly trained professionals.
- Social media profiles and a well-constructed website.
The best way to find a motorcycle shipping service suitable for your favorite motorized possession is through Internet research. Begin by searching online for motorcycle shipping services that work out of Kenai, Alaska. Begin sorting through the options until you have a selected few in mind. Then, call the potential transport companies to ask questions and gather quotes.
Motorcycles in need of transport will have a few shipping methods available to them. Knowing those options will help you make a quicker and more confident decision on the transport service you select for the bike.
- Enclosed Shipping: The motorcycle is secured in a large enclosed shipping container for transport.
- Crated Shipping: The motorcycle is fastened and shipped safely inside of a small crate. This offers the ultimate protection, but is costlier and requires a little more preparation such as the removal of its handle bars.
- Open Air Shipping: While this is a more popular shipping method for automobiles, some motorcycle transport companies will offer this service as well.
- Door to Door Shipping: The transport company will come pick the bike up from wherever its current home is and secure it to the appropriate shipping hauler. The driver will then drop it off at the customer’s specified destination.
- Terminal to Terminal Shipping: This service requires the motorcycle to be dropped off at a shipping terminal and retrieved at another shipping terminal nearer to the journey’s end.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.