Motorcycle shipping services are a reliable solution that can be hired when a bike ought to be transported due to various reasons. The advantages of hiring such services are worth the cost. By hiring a mover, you get to experience reliable delivery services which are provided by professionals. Moving companies possess the experience and knowledge required to make moves successful and also guide you by providing you with all information needed to make your move easier, including the motorcycle laws that you should comply with. Shipping companies also have the resources needed to make a move with relative ease and expertise.
The motorcycle shipping options
Your need to ship a bike may have various influencing factors such as cost and the speed of delivery. To ensure that your needs are met, we provide a variety of motorcycle shipping options.
The following are the shipping methods that we use while shipping your bike:
Air transport: It is a fast means of transportation and you get the convenience and reliability of having the bike delivered within a short time.
Water transport: This is a slower means of transportation compared to air transport. However, it is more affordable and is suitable when you are shipping a bike overseas and not expected to have a strict delivery timeframe.
Rail transport: This delivery option is suitable when making deliveries to destinations supported by railway transport. It has the advantage of being affordable and reliable, since there are minimal delays in delivery.
Road transport: It is the most common means of in-land transportation. This is because there is good infrastructure and most destinations are easily accessible via road.
Preparing a bike for shipping
The following are some of the motorcycle preparation tasks: Checking the engine, the fluid levels and the inflation of the tires and ensuring that the gas level in the tank is at a maximum level of a quarter of the capacity. You should also inspect the bike, clean it and take good photos that show its condition before it is taken to the moving company. You are to disable the alarm system, remove your personal belongings and any motorcycle accessories that are attached to the bike. Shipping a bike in a crate will require you to drain the fluids and disconnect the battery.
How to choose a good mover
The factors to consider as you search for a reliable shipping company are:
- The experience that the company has in shipping bikes.
- The reputation of the company. This can be determined by the ratings and reviews (if positive, this means that they can provide satisfactory services).
- The ability of the moving company to transport bikes using tailored services, if there are specific shipping requests to be met.
- The provision of different motorcycle shipping methods.
Why you should hire us
The reasons as to why you should hire us are:
- We always aim to make the shipping process less complex, enabling you to have a hassle- free shipping experience. You will get great customer support when you contact us, make payments with ease on a secure platform and also have your bike delivered to the destination within reasonable time and it shall arrive in perfect condition. Additionally, you get to track your delivery with ease, getting real-time tracking updates.
- We are the safe hand that you can trust to deliver your bike. We provide good motorcycle care and we also ensure that the safety of your bike will always be a priority.
- In as much as we take care of the bike, making sure that it will be secure, some accidents are unavoidable. In the event that any harm is caused to your bike, we got you covered since we have a valid motorcycle insurance cover.
Our Jefferson motorcycle shipping services
The Jefferson motorcycle shipping services we provide so as to meet your needs include:
Crated transport: This shipping option provides security for the bike since it is in a crate and not handled directly, reducing the chances of any harm being caused to it.
Open air transport: It is a popular option that is affordable. However, the disadvantage of this method is the lower level of security provided to the bike.
Enclosed transport: This is a reliable means of transportation and although it is costly, it secures your bike from the perils that can cause damage to it.
Shipping advisory services: This service is provided to enable you to make good choices and to be familiar with all it takes to ship the bike.
Insurance coverage: You will be provided for in case any damage will be caused to your bike.
Get in touch
Please feel free to get in touch with us. We can be reached on 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.