Motorcycle shipping services are a sufficient means of shipping your bike to across state lines. Rather than driving the bike to Jackson, Tennessee you can take alternate transportation methods so that you can save the mileage on the bike for when it arrives and even take other belongings with you. Not much fits on a motorcycle so instead of shipping over all of the other belongings, ship the motorcycle. It will more than likely cost less.
Fort Wayne is the second largest city in Indiana with a great downtown area and a lot of historical value. There is a lot to see as a motorcyclist and many routes to be explored. Having a motorcycle to cruise on will be worth it in this beautiful city.
The Shipping Methods to Consider for Bikes.
When it comes to selecting a motorcycle transport method there will be several options. Find one that fits the budget and that makes you feel safe about the entire process. Motorcycle shipping companies in Tennessee will usually offer several methods and even offer insurance for the shipping process.
- Crated shipping is when the bike is drained of all fluids, the battery is disconnected, and the mirrors and handlebars are sometimes removed. This is the safest method of shipping. The motorcycle will be strapped to a wooden platform and placed inside a container.
- Enclosed shipping is another safe method of transport. The bike is placed in an enclosed container.
- Open air shipping is the cheapest form of shipping a motorcycle. The bike is placed on an open flatbed trailer and if road or weather conditions are poor, the bike may suffer a little damage.
- Terminal to terminal shipping includes dropping the bike off at one terminal nearest to Jackson and picking it up from another terminal nearby the last location.
- Door to door transport is a service where the company comes to retrieve the motorcycle from you directly and takes it to wherever you need it to go.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.