Shipping a motorcycle through auto transport professionals is the absolute safest way to have your bike delivered. A motorcycle is safer being delivered by shipping experts than it is being driven to its destination. Having your bike shipped protects it from road damage and increased mileage. Not to mention, motorcycle shipping services are cost effective and affordable.
A1 Auto Transport has been in the transport industry for nearly 30 years. We specialize in the safe delivery of all kinds of vehicles. Motorcycle shipping is something we are very familiar with. We have delivered motorcycles both nationally and internationally. We have the latest, state-of-the-art transport equipment and technology to get your bike delivered anywhere in the world.
What Is the Safest Transport Method to Use for a Motorcycle?
A lot of people are apprehensive about shipping their bike. However, it is absolutely safe. When the bike’s condition is of the utmost concern, crated shipping methods are typically recommended. Although this service is a little more expensive than an open air delivery, it protects the bike from outside elements such as poor weather and road conditions.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When a motorcycle is shipped through container methods, it is often secured to a wooden pallet then slid into a small shipping crate. Due to the size of the shipping crate, you may be asked to remove the handlebars and any other loose or protruding items. You’ll also be required to prepare the bike accordingly for its delivery.
- Drain the bike of all fluids except the fuel. The fuel tank mustn’t read over ¼ full.
- Wash the motorcycle and make sure it is free of all dirt and debris.
- Take photographs of the motorcycle and any visible damage it may suffer from. Also write down all damages.
- Have the bike undergo maintenance by professional technicians.
- Disconnect the battery.
To learn more about the process of shipping a motorcycle and to receive a FREE quote for shipping services, contact A1 Auto Transport at (800) 452-2880. We can’t wait to get your motorcycle shipping services set up and underway!
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory